Alabama-Birmingham, United States
CH2M & Jacobs
35 minutes ago
Expires 25 Oct 2018
Systems Administrator in Alabama-Birmingham, United States
Alabama-Birmingham, United States | N/A | Permanent
USSOCOM’s mission is to Provide fully capable Special Operations Forces (SOF) to defend the United States and its interests and synchronize planning for global operations against terrorist networks. As a member of our team, you will partner with SOF military and civilian members to directly support this mission by providing world-class Information Technology services and support that connect over 60,000 users around the world.
The Systems Administrator performs tier one and two network support in accordance with the SIE OPORD. Candidates must possess strong problem-solving, analytical and communication skills, in addition to in-depth technical knowledge of the Governments systems hardware and software. Candidate requirements vary depending on system complexity, the types of operating and network systems being supported, and the size of the organization. A background in the specific types of hardware and software systems used by the Government is required. Candidates monitor and control one or more mid-range application servers. The SA studies program operating instructions to determine equipment setup and operations. The SA continuously observes the operation of assigned applications and storage devices to monitor system operation and determines the point of hardware or software failure. The SA manipulates systems in accordance with standard procedures to continue operations when individual units of a system malfunction. The SA confers with software systems engineering or applications programming personnel in the event that errors require a change of instructions or sequences of operations. The SA maintains operating records such as machine performance and production reports.
– Installing operating system software, patches and upgrades
– Analyzing, troubleshooting and resolving system hardware, software and networking issues
– Configuring, optimizing, fine-tuning and monitoring operating system software and hardware
– Performing system backups and recovery
– Conducting server builds
– Monitors and controls Data Center and Wide Area Network operations
– Directs the correct system and network administration actions during an event causing service outage
– Ensuring the support staff follows published operating instructions
– Monitoring the operation applications and storage devices to ensure services are properly provisioned
– Ensuring the support staff adjusts operations in accordance with standard procedures
– Confers with software systems engineering or applications programming personnel in the event that errors require a change of instructions or sequences of operations
– Maintains operating records such as machine performance and production reports
Position Required TS/SCI
Associate degree in a computer field and six (6) years of related experience. Progressive relevant training and/or certification may be substituted for a portion of the experience requirement.
Required Certification: Employment is contingent upon keeping required certifications current
– MCSA current and relevant to the candidates work area
– DOD 8570 IAT Level II or higher
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
About Jacobs With approximately $11 Billion in revenues, Jacobs is one of the world’s largest and most diverse providers of technical, professional, and construction services, including all aspects of engineering, architecture, construction, operations and maintenance, as well as scientific and specialty consulting. We serve a broad range of companies and organizations, including industrial, commercial, and government clients across multiple markets and geographies. Our global network includes approximately 54,000 employees in more than 230 offices in more than 30 countries, with operations in North America, South America, Europe, the Middle East, India, Australia, Africa, and Asia. Learn more about Jacobs at
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.