Do you have an eye for detail and a passion for developing innovation solutions? Join our team! As a Systems Administrator II, you will be using your skills and expertise to assist in the analysis, development, and configuration of SNC’s corporate infrastructure that address business requirements and processes. You'll be responsible for evaluating the interface between hardware and software, operational requirements, and characteristics of our systems, establishing and documenting system parameters and formats, ensuring hardware and software system compatibility, coordinating and/or modifying system parameters, and revising our existing systems and testing functionality of those systems. You'll correct deficiencies and produce more effective data handling, data integrity, conversion, input/output requirements, and storage.
As SNC's corporate team, we provide the company and its business areas with strategic direction and business support spanning executive management, finance and accounting, operations, human resources, legal, IT, information security, facilities, marketing, and communications. Learn more about SNC's Corporate team.
- Bachelor's Degree in an information technology related field with at least 3 or more years of relevant experience
- Higher education may substitute for relevant experience
- Relevant experience may be considered in lieu of required education
- Prior experience with systems administration in Windows or Linux environments Knowledge of TCP/IP and basic network routing protocol.
- Familiarity with virtualization technologies, such as Hyper-V, VMware, Nutanix or Citrix.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to interact effectively with others
- Demonstrate a customer care philosophy that ensures a high level of customer satisfaction
- Proven organizational skills with an attention to detail
- Experience leading in a model of shared governance while fostering a culture of trusted partnership, service, and continuous improvement within an IT organization
- Ability to plan and coordinate the setup, installation, and configuration of the operating system (including hardware and software), new software releases, and upgrades.
- 2-5 years' experience implementing and supporting AWS or Azure Cloud Operations
- 2-5 years' Experience implementing and supporting VMware (VRealize, VRealize Operations, VRealize Automation)
- 2-5 years' Experience with IT Operations Monitoring Tools (PRTG, VROperations, Solarwinds)
- Experience with Nutanix virtualization
- Ability to Trouble shoot Network connectivity between Server Infrastructure
One of the Following:
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Fundamentals
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associate
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC
Estimated Starting Salary Range: $79,264.96 – $108,989.32. SNC considers several factors when extending job offers, including but not limited to candidates’ key skills, relevant work experience, and education/training/certifications.
SNC offers a generous benefit package, including medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k) with 150% match up to 6%, life insurance, 3 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more.
To conform to U.S. Government international trade regulations, applicant must be a U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC), our mission is to dream, innovate, inspire and empower the next generation to transform humanity through technology and imagination. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome our employees to bring their whole selves to their work. SNC is committed to fostering an inclusive, accepting, and diverse environment free of discrimination. Employment decisions are made without regarding to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law. Contributions to SNC come in many shapes and styles, and we believe diversity in our workforce fosters new and greater ways to dream, innovate, and inspire.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.