Please take this opportunity to join one of GDIT's fastest long-standing growing programs! US Battlefield Information Collection and Exploitation System eXtended (US BICES-X) is a cutting-edge program supporting DoD intelligence information sharing on current and emerging global threats to mission and coalition partners and emerging nations. With an internationally dispersed team supporting each combatant command, the US BICES-X team is in direct support of the war fighter and their missions. We are seeking a creative and driven professional with a passion for solving real world issues on a cross-functional, fast paced team.
Position affords the opportunity to mentor others and grow professionally both on your own and as part of a team.
As part of the Service Center West Operations Team, you'll be charged with maintaining service availability levels for multiple servers located in main data centers and remote locations across the globe.
The Senior SharePoint Administrator will work as part of a global team to maintain and improve the enterprise SharePoint farm and custom applications. Must be able to work independently to troubleshoot complex issues and recommend improvements that will enhance the automation of tasks, the reliability of the servers, and provide positive customer enhancements.
Responsibilities but not limited to:
Installing, upgrading, and patching multi-server SharePoint farms deployed on virtual servers Identifying and implementing enhancements to improve SharePoint farm availability, reliability, and performance
Configuring and troubleshooting SharePoint services
Administrate F5 proxy and load balancing services
Maintain ADFS authentication services
Automating installation, maintenance, monitoring, and operations activities through PowerShell scripting
Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems to include STIG checklists
Maintains system documentation Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products
Working with developers to migrate SharePoint applications/solutions from test to production Develops and implements testing strategies and document results Provides advice and training to end-users
Configuring and troubleshooting SharePoint security groups, permissions, and settings
Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members
Participates in special projects as required
- 5 years of directly related experience in systems administration
- 3 years of SharePoint Farm Experience
- Bachelor's Degree – may substitute additional years of experience
- Must possess meet eligibility for a TS/SCI Clearance
- Must demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of related hardware and software Must meet 8570.1 IAT Level 2 certification requirements
- Microsoft Windows Operating System or SharePoint 2016/2019 certification or training
- 3 years of experience with load balancing a clustered server environment
- 3 years of experience developing solutions using scripting, SharePoint APIs, or Studio.net
- 1 year experience with securing (STIG) Microsoft Operating Systems, SharePoint and IIS
- 1 year experience working with proxying and load balancing technologies
- 1 year experience with SQL Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of NATO and Coalition environments a plus
Years of Experience
5 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
Less than 10%
U.S. Citizenship Required
About Our Work
We are GDIT. A global technology and professional services company that delivers consulting, technology and mission services to every major agency across the U.S. government, defense and intelligence community. Our 30,000 experts extract the power of technology to create immediate value and deliver solutions at the edge of innovation. We operate across 30 countries worldwide, offering leading capabilities in digital modernization, AI/ML, Cloud, Cyber and application development. Together with our clients, we strive to create a safer, smarter world by harnessing the power of deep expertise and advanced technology.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.