Systems Administrator Senior (VDI)
Transform technology into opportunity as a Systems Administrator Senior (VDI) with GDIT. A career in enterprise IT means connecting and enhancing the systems that matter most. At GDIT you'll be at the forefront of innovation and play a meaningful part in improving how agencies operate.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Systems Administrator Senior (VDI) you will help ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work depends on Systems Administrator Senior (VDI) joining our team to support the US Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM).
HOW A SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR SENIOR (VDI) WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
- Virtual Desktop Engineer to support the design, configuration, and maintenance of a large, globally accessed virtual desktop environment.
- Experienced in system design and integration, identity life-cycle management, and process automation and improvement
- Troubleshooting all related performance issue across the organization
- Ensure optimization of desktops for platform interoperability and act as liaison between Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) technologies.
- Offers endpoint support on issues and trouble resolution tasks on Virtual Desktop related tasks.
- Document operational integration of future technologies (and update as required.)
- Maintains an Advanced knowledge relative to administration, engineering, and implementation of virtual desktop infrastructure-related technologies.
- Operate across multiple and complex production environments with multiple stakeholders.
- Applies extensive technical expertise and has full knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Conducts trade studies and makes recommendations on solutions and "make buy" decisions.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
- Education: High School Diploma/GED with 10 years of related experience, or Associate's Degree with 8 years of experience, or Bachelor's Degree with 6 years of experience
- Required Skillset:
- Experience with Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktop, VMware administration, VMware Horizon VDI, BIG-IP F5 application delivery controller, Citrix Netscalers
- Experience providing engineering support for legacy and current versions of Virtual Desktop Infrastructure services
- Knowledge of Virtual Apps and Desktops provisioning
- Knowledge of Gateway and Secure Access Appliances (F5, Netscaler, etc.)
- Experience managing Thin Client endpoint devices (Dell, HP, 10Zig)
- Experience with virtual disk profile management services (Liquidware, FsLogix, Citrix PM, VMware DEM)
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving Windows based virtual desktop problems
- Must be able to work and collaborate remotely with management and team members
- Experience with Nutanix AOS running on Nutanix AHV, Nutanix Files, and Prism Central
- Familiarity with Citrix Virtual Application and Desktop (CVAD) architecture
- Utilizing profile disk management services, Microsoft FSLogix
- Utilizing Liquidware Stratusphere UX to identify, troubleshoot, and resolve desktop performance issues
- Experience with supporting/addressing customer training objectives
- Experience with Active Directory/ Group Policies
- Familiarity with Python, PowerShell, or Bash scripting
- Security Clearance Level: TS/SCI
- Required Certification(s):
- DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II Computing Environment (CE) Certification as determined by the Program Manager is required prior to support on contract
- Required Security Environment Certification: CompTIA Security+ CE or equivalent
- Require One of the following Certification
- VMware Certified Professional – Desktop Management 2023 (VCP-DTM 2023)
- Citrix Certified Professional in Virtualization (1Y0-204)
- Nutanix Certified Professional – Multicloud Infrastructure (NCP-MCI)
- Microsoft Exam AZ-140: Configuring and Operating Microsoft Azure Virtual Desktop
- Microsoft Exam SC-300: Microsoft Identity and Access Administrator:
- EX200 Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)
- Location: On Customer Site
- US Citizenship: Required
- Candidates must be willing and able to attain a CI Polygraph for certain positions as determined by the contract
- Travel may be required to support the mission
GDIT IS YOUR PLACE:
- 401K with company match
- Comprehensive health and wellness packages
- Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
- Professional growth opportunities including paid education and certifications
- Cutting-edge technology you can learn from
- Rest and recharge with paid vacation and holidays
Years of Experience
10 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
Nutanix Certified Professional 5 – Multicloud Infrastructure – Nutanix
Citrix Certified Professional – Virtualization (CCP – V) – Citrix
Microsoft Certified: Azure Virtual Desktop Speciality – Microsoft
Microsoft Certified – Identity and Access Administrator Associate – Microsoft
VMware Certified Professional Network Virtualization 2020 – VMwware
Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) – Red Hat
CompTIA Network + – CmpTIA
Less than 10%
U.S. Citizenship Required
About Our Work
We are GDIT. A global technology and professional services company that delivers consulting, technology and mission services to every major agency across the U.S. government, defense and intelligence community. Our 30,000 experts extract the power of technology to create immediate value and deliver solutions at the edge of innovation. We operate across 30 countries worldwide, offering leading capabilities in digital modernization, AI/ML, Cloud, Cyber and application development. Together with our clients, we strive to create a safer, smarter world by harnessing the power of deep expertise and advanced technology.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.