Requisition ID 2018-37272
# of Openings 1
Job Function Information Technology
Security Clearance Level Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Full/Part Time Full Time
Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
* Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
* Sets up administrator and service accounts.
* Maintains system documentation
* Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
* Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
* Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
* May program in an administrative language.
* Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
* Provides advice and training to end-users.
* Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
* Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
2-5 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
* Provide Tier 2 technical support for Automated Message Handling System (AMHS), Secure Message and Routing Terminal (SMART), XML Information Bus (XIBUS), Information Transfer System (ITS), and the SMC Helpdesk customer message queues.
* Utilize the ITILv3 processes and additional Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for event, incident, and configuration management on the Enterprise Network-Messaging system.
* Perform operations and maintenance tasks for secure messaging communication systems to include server OS administration, database maintenance, system releases and updates, and Information Assurance Vulnerability Alert (IAVA) compliance as dictated by Tier 3.
* Log and track incidents in NETS Service Manager to provide relevant information pertaining to the issue and all troubleshooting steps accomplished for historical and situational awareness.
* Prioritize incidents based on criteria established in NOI 40.3. Current definitions for service criticality are Mission Critical, Mission Essential and Mission or Operations Support which aligns to Service Manager Incident urgency settings defined as Critical, High, Average and Low.
* Report Situational Awareness (SA) information to the customer and works to identify business impact in conjunction with technical trouble ticketing documentation.
* Maintain SOCOMM and AUTODIN Customer Information Databases (CID)
* Ensure Customer Information Databases (CID) for customer sites are current and synchronized.
* Oversee SOCOMM and AUTODIN Contingency Plans.
* Update Master Lists, coordinate scheduled CCRP and COOP testing, and create after action reports in accordance with published guidelines.
* Provide technical assistance to customers in support of a complex secure message and data network by maintaining message platform connections.
* Perform AUTODIN, AMHS backups; daily partial backups and weekly full backups.
* Maintain Job Qualification Standard (JQS) requirements and job certification with an implemented Annual Plan of Instruction (APO!) in conjunction with DoD 8570 requirements.
* Provide Job Qualification Standard training to new SMC POD personnel.
* Cross-train between PODs to provide flexibility of staffing options.
* Track and Implement changes to the Signals Intelligence (SIGINT) and Imagery Intelligence (IMINT) Reports Control Manual (RCM).
* Coordinate with Ground Enterprise Directorate (GED) to track and provide operational feedback on planned technical solutions for messaging.
* Provide guidance to appropriate Government personnel on the NRO messaging enterprise.
* Interface with external IC and DoD Organizations to troubleshoot message delivery issues.
* Provide an interface for Tier 3 Engineers and Tier 4 vendor communication.
* Manage the Messaging COOP Program and coordinate and conduct recurring COOP testing.
* Assist in development of site alternate route procedures and provide architecture change modifications as required to address service interruptions.
* Provide Plain Language Address (PIA), Functional Address Symbol (FAS) and SOCOMM Address (SAD) baseline management.
* Provide configuration management for Tri-Graph and Message Management Letter (MML)
* Provide operational input and feedback for RFCs related to GED’s Message Handling Program
Must possess appropriate, current DoD Information Assurance (IA) Certification to be considered for employment; either valid CompTIA Security+ CE OR CCNA-Security certification. Security+ CE Certification preferred. In addition, must attain the required DoD 8570 Computing Environment (CE) Certification within six (6) months of Hire Date. As part of your role/function on the program, you will be granted privileged user access. Privileged Users are subject to greater scrutiny as a direct result of the significant responsibilities placed upon them.
Please be aware that because of these critical duties, you will be subject to additional IT system monitoring, and supervisory evaluation to ensure continuous adherence to Privileged User processes and procedures. Privileged Users are subject to a zero tolerance policy for security violations. Due to the sensitive nature of the work being done for this government client, all candidates must hold a TS/SCI and Polygraph.
Benefits of this Position:
* Opportunity for Fast Growth within the program
* Professional Development Assistance – Covering the Cost of Obtaining Professional & Technical Certifications (depending on program)
* Educational Reimbursement – toward degree programs and individual coursework
* 401K Match – with 100% vesting on day one
* Health, Dental and Vision Coverage to keep you healthy, starting your first day
* We know work-life balance is important, GDIT offers Paid Time Off, Plus 10 Paid Holidays
* Parking and transit commuter benefits
Why Work at General Dynamics IT?
* Work with top talent and some of the brightest minds in your field
* Support missions that make a difference to our Nation
* Become part of an organization that that is committed to the highest ethical standards in all that we do
* Thrive in the stability of a large organization, with the ability to move onto new opportunities, supporting different missions, building your career within GDIT
* Want to move, or find a job close to home? We have positions in several locations in the United States and the world
* Enjoy a culture that supports work-life balance
General Dynamics is a Fortune Blue Ribbon Company and Clearance Jobs Top 10 Government Contractor.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.