Discover a career that is challenging, impactful, and mission-critical. Join our team as a Mac Systems Administrator and make an impact on critical government activities. While you help us advance the mission, we'll help advance your career.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Mac Systems Administrator, you will be trusted to provide software, hardware, and user support. In this role, a typical day will include:
- Leading a high-performing team as well as working as a collaborative member.
- Troubleshooting hardware, networks, and systems, supporting a mix of enterprise and standalone systems, maintaining hardware and the configuration management for switches, routers, and storage arrays.
- Direct customer interactions and virtual support across multiple locations and activities.
- Hardware replacement to include workstations, drives, and consumables.
- Collaborating with teammates and government customers to identify process improvements.
- Lending expertise and institutional knowledge to less experienced personnel to improve the overall technical excellence of the team.
HOW A MAC SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a fast-paced work environment, leading as well as contributing to a team-based environment.
- Perform systems administration support tasks for Apple MacOS and iOS operating systems.
- TDY travel (approximately 25%) for on-site support to conduct installations and support system life cycle requirements.
- Provide technical analysis integral to the maintenance and sustainment of USGOV systems.
- Provide in-depth research and analysis of issues and high-level project schedules.
- Provide in-depth knowledge and technical expertise in the areas of installation, maintenance, and support of Apple MacOS and iOS operating systems and technologies.
- Respond to service requests.
- Review technical briefs and information on changes to system configuration.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with end users and managers.
- Identify and resolve hardware and software problems related to Apple MacOS and iOS operating systems.
- Identify, troubleshoot, and remediate security vulnerabilities.
- Troubleshoot basic end-to-end networking problems involving Apple clients and other IT devices and or services.
- Identify End-of-Life (EOL) issues, ensure all Apple MacOS / iOS systems applications are approved in accordance with customer requirements.
- Provide user support for Apple MacOS and iOS related issues.
- Performing regular maintenance duties such as patching, upgrades, and migrations to Apple MacOS systems.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
- Experience with effectively leading small teams.
- Ability to work with others in a highly collaborative environment.
- Self-Motivated, strong work ethic and commitment to quality
- Demonstrated ability to effectively configure and administer Apple MacOS in a multi-system and/or multi-application environment.
- Must have strong documentation and oral communication skills to clearly communicate will all levels of users, engineers, managers, and organizations.
- Ability to multi-task and balance multiple goals and priorities
- EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: 10+ years of experience; Technical Training, Certification(s) or a Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or a related scientific or technical discipline.
- Security clearance level: TS/SCI with Poly
- Location: McLean, VA – Customer Site
GDIT IS YOUR PLACE:
- 401K with company match
- Comprehensive health and wellness packages
- Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
- Professional growth opportunities including paid education and certifications
- Rest and recharge with paid vacation and holidays
Years of Experience
10 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
U.S. Citizenship Required
About Our Work
We are GDIT. A global technology and professional services company that delivers consulting, technology and mission services to every major agency across the U.S. government, defense and intelligence community. Our 30,000 experts extract the power of technology to create immediate value and deliver solutions at the edge of innovation. We operate across 30 countries worldwide, offering leading capabilities in digital modernization, AI/ML, Cloud, Cyber and application development. Together with our clients, we strive to create a safer, smarter world by harnessing the power of deep expertise and advanced technology.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.