Requisition ID 2018-41345
# of Openings 1
Job Function Information Technology
Security Clearance Level Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Full/Part Time Full Time
1. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
2. Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
3. Sets up administrator and service accounts.
4. Maintains system documentation
5. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
6. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
7. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
8. May program in an administrative language.
9. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
10. Provides advice and training to end-users.
11. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
12. May serve as a technical team or task leader.
13. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
14. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
8-10 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
The candidate will work as a System Administrator within a team of engineers, software developers and database administrators to specify, design, deploy and operate the final system. Development will take place in an iterative fashion using scrum techniques with inputs from multiple stakeholders. This position will require exceptional flexibility in a dynamic environment with multiple stakeholders. This effort will include a variety of activities, including:
* Coordinate with technical teams responsible for the cloud hosting infrastructures in order to establish and maintain the environments used by the program for the development, test, and deployment of the final production system
* Support the development, testing and monitoring connections to interfacing systems such as data feeds from numerous organizations and user interactions from other Sponsor organizations
* Work with other programs to coordinate integration of enterprise services to be consumed/used by the Sponsor system
* Assist with the development of technical documentation and briefing materials to support program status reviews, control gates, and other presentations as directed by program management
* This role may require occasional on call after hours support
* Minimum of three (3) years of demonstrated on the job performance administering an AWS environment.
* Minimum of two (2) years configuring, launching, and maintaining EC2 instances, S3s, VPCs, AWS security groups, and other AWS services.
* Demonstrated on the job experience with sFTP and VPNs.
* Demonstrated on the job experience administering a system on the open internet.
* Demonstrated on the job experience as a Tier 3 system support officer.
* Demonstrated experience working in AWS and virtualized infrastructure environment providing systems support in the development, testing, deployment and operation of enterprise systems.
* Demonstrated experience establishing and maintaining application hosting baselines for development, test, and production.
* Experience with Jenkins or other continuous integration tools to package and deploy system releases and upgrades.
* Demonstrated experience partnering with infrastructure service providers.
* Demonstrated experience performing technical evaluations, analysis, and troubleshooting for all supported environments in response to reported problems from the development team, service partners, testers, and end users.
* Demonstrated experience assessing loads and developing tuning recommendations as related to performance, scalability, and high availability.
* Demonstrated experience integrating and troubleshooting shared services provided by other information technology service providers and leveraged by an application.
* Demonstrated experience supporting and working with others to achieve system security accreditation.
* Proficient in using Linux.
* Experience with code delivery mechanisms and code repositories (e.g. Subversion and/or Git).
* Demonstrated experience operating enterprise scale, web-based applications in the Sponsor or Sponsor’s partners’ environments.
* Demonstrated experience with deployment of applications that cross security domains.
* Demonstrated experience deploying applications on other ICDoD networks.
* Demonstrated experience participating in Agile development teams using Scrum.
* Demonstrated experience developing and implementing program specific procedures and understanding.
* Demonstrated experience providing network security operations or engineering support.
* Demonstrated experience working with AWS CloudFormation for automated deployment.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.