Systems Analyst Job in San Antonio, TX at USAA
– Career Center
– About USAA
– Career Areas
– Life @ USAA
– Returning Applicants
IT JOBS AT USAA
– Search Jobs
– IT Jobs
– Systems-Network Engineering Jobs
– Systems Analyst
Systems Analyst Job
Job Number: R*******
Location: San Antonio, TX 78249,United States
Date Posted: 2018-05-29
Full Job Title: IT Systems Analyst I
Job Family: IT
Purpose of Job
We are seeking a talented IT Systems Analyst I for our San Antonio, TX- Vista corporation facility.
IT Systems Analysts are responsible for leading, managing, and facilitating activities pertaining to the development and completion of system deliverables. System deliverables include validating artifacts, developing system requirements, and assisting with translation into functional system specifications. Incumbents work with business and IT delivery teams in order to understand the business vision and collaborate with IT delivery teams to enrich understanding by thorough deliverables development and reviews. IT Systems Analysts research and help resolve defects and production issues with business and technical teams and assist with defining and creating test case scenarios. In addition, responsibilities include participation in the sign-off of key deliverables and the storage of critical artifacts, as well as accountability for managing systems requirements and artifacts to IT team members.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level. In each of the past five years, we’ve been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For, and we’ve ranked among Victory Media’s Top 10 Military Friendly Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
ABOUT USAA IT
Our most important qualification isn’t technical, it’s human. Here, we don’t just sit in front of a screen. We stand behind our 11 million members who rely on us every day.
We are over 3,000 employees strong, a passionately supportive and collaborative team built on agile principles. We’ve been a top-two Computerworld 100 Best Places to Work in IT five years in a row and were recently named a Top 50 Employer for Minority Engineers & IT by Workforce Diversity Magazine.
See what it’s like to work for a company where your passion meets our purpose:
USAA Information Technology: A Realistic Preview
– Understands and applies intermediate knowledge of the business and technical domains supported to include its products, processes and services. Serves as a business proxy/SME on business topics within one domain.
– Serves as the conduit between the customer community (internal and external) and the software development team through which requirements flow. Facilitates/oversees the analysis and design of technology solutions to ensure business needs are met. Elicits systems requirements using interviews, requirements workshops, surveys, business process analysis, use cases, scenarios, and task and workflow analyses. Proactively communicates and collaborates with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and requirements to deliver system artifacts as needed.
– Analyzes and verifies requirements for completeness, consistency, comprehensibility, feasibility and conformance to standards. Manages and ensures traceability of approved and base lined work products throughout the software development lifecycle to include application specifications, design, development, usability, testing and implementation and defect prioritization. Collaborates with Test Leads and subject matter experts to establish the Testing Approach including usability and performance needs. Assists the Test Lead with planning and review of the Test Cases and Scenarios. Provides clarification and actively participates in defect management activities to confirm requirements are being met. Manages change control for affected system artifacts.
– Bachelor’s degree or 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
– 4 or more years of relevant experience to include continuous process improvement, project management, business/requirements and analysis, and/or technical proficiency.
– Proficient knowledge of multiple software delivery life cycles
– Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office products and applicable databases
– Proficient understanding of system architecture and knowledge of software development concepts
– Proficient knowledge of multiple software delivery life cycles (Waterfall and Agile as well as experience or knowledge of modeling techniques (e.g. UML) and usecase development.
– Extensive experience as scrum master in client computing environment
– Experience in SAFe and close working relationships with RTEs
– Extensive experience in Quality Assurance
– Prior work in USAA IT is a plus
USAA’s most valuable resource is our 30,000 employees. We promote a culture of diversity and inclusion, encouraging varied perspectives and ideas.
Our team enjoys world-class benefits, pay and highly competitive reward opportunities, including comprehensive healthcare, wellness and wealth building programs, employee resource groups, 401K matching dollar-for-dollar up to 8% of pay, career planning and continuing education. We promote a strong work-life balance with a variety of on-site services and conveniences depending on location, including a daycare, health center and pharmacy, multiple dining options, company stores, covered parking and free fitness centers. USAA is a casual dress environment.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Join Our Talent Network
Search Videos by Job Description
Back to top
Frequently Asked Questions
Corporate Info & Media News Center Privacy Careers Accessibility Contact Us Site Map FAQs Site Terms
Copyright 2018 USAA.
USAA is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here. Furthermore, USAA makes hiring decisions compliant with the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance (LAMC 189.00).
USAA provides equal opportunity to qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. USAA will provide reasonable accommodation when requested to enable completion of the online employment inquiry form or, if desired, an alternative method of inquiry. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please email *********************** for assistance.
USAA means United Services Automobile Association and its insurance, banking, investment and other companies. Banks Member FDIC. Investments provided by USAA Investment Management Company and USAA Financial Advisors Inc., both registered broker dealers.
DID ****** – 1016
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.