Alcoa (NYSE: AA) is a global industry leader in bauxite, alumina and aluminum products, with a strong portfolio of value-added cast and rolled products and substantial energy assets. Alcoa is built on a foundation of strong values and operating excellence dating back nearly 130 years to the world-changing discovery that made aluminum an affordable and vital part of modern life. Since inventing the aluminum industry, and throughout our history, our talented Alcoans have followed on with breakthrough innovations and best practices that have led to efficiency, safety, sustainability and stronger communities wherever we operate.
– The Alcoa Global Packaging (AGP) Information Services Department supports day to day operations and enables the strategies of our headquarters, sales and manufacturing locations by applying both business and technical knowledge to deliver required business solutions.
– Our goal is to keep user productivity and business performance high with the right devices, connectivity, processes, applications, interfaces, and analytics.
– We deliver results through strong partnerships with our business unit and location leaders, our customers at the locations, and our external or corporate service providers.
– The primary purpose of the Systems Analyst, located in Newburgh, IN is to support the Aluminum Business Unit strategy by providing in-depth SAP and business knowledge in specific business areas. This is an internal consulting role that works with business process owners to understand current business processes and identify opportunities for improvements that enable added business value in a cost effective manner.
– Major Activities:
– Analyzes, enhances and supports business processes
– Develops an in-depth understanding of the business processes in their area(s) of assignment, and a general understanding of the Aluminum Business.
– Takes initiative to identify and implement system and/or process improvements to support business objectives.
– Delivers creative solutions to meet business needs using the SAP environment.
– Interacts with business people, systems analysts, business analysts, business process owners, super users. Effectively utilizes project methodology and tools to deliver solutions and communicate status.
– Operates within and influences IS standards and conventions and promotes adherence within the IS organization
– Pursues continuous learning consistent with changes in technology, and uses this to influence IS direction
– Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or four year degree with IS related experience.
3-5 years of experience in Information Technology/Information Systems
– Understanding of systems analysis and design
– Programming experience
– Understanding of relational databases
– Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint
– Technical proficiency in any of the following areas is desired: SAP Applications, ABAP, SQL, and Visual Basic.
– Experience in establishing relationships with both internal and external customers
– Experience in a manufacturing environment is a plus
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.