Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced information technology engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multidisciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients. PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: The Systems Administrator will provide remote support to US Navy Sailors on ships and shore sites around the world by trouble-shooting, repairing and making operational, Navy Command Computer, Control, Communications, and Intelligence (C4I) systems. This position requires the ability to work 12 hour rotating shifts (6am 6pm OR 6pm 6 am). Holiday and weekend work required.
– Possess three to eight (3-8) years’ experience troubleshooting UNIX, Linux, Solaris, and Windows operating systems and applications
– Install upgrades, updates ,security patches and setting/resetting operating system parameters on servers and workstations
– Assist with system problem solving, application, and patch installation, and system development
– Translate technical terms for non-technical users into a language they can understand Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Scientific Research Corporation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status. FILLING THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING MINIMUM SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
– System Administration level experience with UNIX, Linux, Solaris, and Windows based servers and applications DESIRED SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
– Prior Help Desk and/or user support experience
– Prior DoD Intelligence computer systems administration experience
– Familiarity with IMINT and SIGINT
– Global Command and Control Systems (GCCS) operational experience
– Operator/Administrator of the Distributed Common Ground System- Navy (DCGS-N)
– Prior experience as a US Navy Information Systems Technician, Intelligence Specialist, or Cryptologic Technician EDUCATION:
– Associate’s Degree in a technical discipline, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
– Navy IT technical schools are a plus
– CompTIA Security + Certification (or equivalent) OR the ability to obtain within six months of start
– Operating Systems specific Course completion Certificates or the ability to obtain within six months of hire THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE SECRET SECURITY CLEARANCE TO START MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO OBTAIN AND MAINTAIN A TOP SECRET / SENSITIVE COMPARTMENTED INFORMATION (SCI) CLEARANCE Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
on Company Website
Job ID: *************
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: .
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Scientific Research Corp
Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced engineering company that was founded in 1988 to provide innovative solutions to the U.S. Government, private industry, and international markets. Since its inception, SRC has continued to successfully meet emerging challenges in the marketplace and consistently deliver the highest quality products and technical services to its customers.SRC’s business activities are focused on a broad range of information, communications, intelligence, electronic warfare, simulation, training, and instrumentation systems. With corporate headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, and engineering offices located across the U.S., SRC is dedicated to a full range of engineering, integration, testing, support, and research and development activities. SRC laboratories and test facilities reflect state-of-the-art technology and mirror both commercial and defense operational environments. Contact Info
– Charleston, SC 29406
View Company Profile
Don’t miss out on new jobs like this
Get the latest jobs delivered to your inbox. Unsubscribe at any time.
Create Job Alert
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.
Maximum Email Alerts
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.