Job Summary and Mission
This position contributes to Starbucks success by delivering and supporting Order Management technology solutions by enabling highly cross-functional, global, enterprise-wide strategic initiatives.
As a systems analyst I Order Management, you will support the design and development of technology and process solutions enabling key business capabilities that align with strategic company initiatives and improve operational efficiency. This early-in-career role supports requirements analysis, solution design, and process improvement initiatives. While supporting new technology and existing systems, an effective systems analyst I will develop subject matter expertise and gain valuable experience by partnering with senior analysts, technical resources, and business partners in supporting and delivering meaningful technology solutions.
Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Gathers, analyzes and documents business requirements to support the design and development of technology and/or process solutions. Facilitates user story creation and backlog grooming in an agile delivery environment.
- Translates business requirements into product solutions. Clearly defines and communicates targeted functional solution via functional design specifications. Verifies technical designs satisfy functional requirements.
- Utilizes LEAN techniques to develop business process designs and improve operations via process re-engineering efforts
- Supports solution design utilizing user-centric design techniques, iterative solution design and prototyping.
- Effectively assesses improvement opportunities (productivity/efficiency gains, cost savings, etc.)
- Utilizes agile delivery methodologies and participates on scrum teams in execution of solution delivery projects.
- Considers overall user technology experience in thoughtfully designing engaging solutions.
System Configuration & Testing
- Performs application configuration in support of solution delivery initiatives.
- Supports data conversion. Performs the extract, load, and validation of converted data using SQL queries/out of the box reports.
- Supports solution testing efforts by configuring test environments, developing test plans, performing test execution, and validating test results.
- Provides 24*7 global support of critical systems while on Pager.
- Leverages subject matter expertise in analyzing and troubleshooting moderately complex system/user issues to drive resolution and complete root cause analysis.
- Coordinates issue resolution with vendors and/or cross-functional teams. Provides timely and thorough communication regarding issue status/resolution with end-users and team.
- Creates system and end-user documentation to support new system implementation, enhancement deployment, and incident management efforts.
- Delivers training and performs knowledge transfer to team members as required.
- Utilizes reporting/query tools to write simple to moderately complex ad-hoc queries and create operational/analytical reports
- Receptive and responsive to coaching and guidance from leaders and more experienced analysts. Seeks input and support as required. Begins working in an increasingly self-directed manner.
- Effective interaction with business partners, responding quickly and thoroughly to issues and requests.
- Provides constructive input and perspective to team conversations.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.