Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced information technology engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multidisciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients. PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: This position is contingent upon award. In the role of Cyber Security Analyst III, reporting to a Team Lead, you will support assessment and authorization (A & A) and Independent Validation and Verification (IV & V) activities by implementing policies and procedures, assessing security controls, and monitoring information system security posture to the Defense Health Agency (DHA) and the Military Health System (MHS) community of interest. The successful candidate will directly support project execution of CS and Information Assurance (IA) services at MHS locations throughout the Continental US (CONUS) and Outside the Continental US (OCONUS). Perform the following duties:
– Investigate and analyze implemented security processes to identify shortfalls
– Support formal security assessments to determine whether security controls are in-place, operating as intended, and producing desired results
– Assist with risk assessments to determine the appropriate risk response
– Support vulnerability assessments, analyzing networks, intrusion detection, and implement counter measures Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Scientific Research Corporation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status. FILLING THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING MINIMUM SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
– Bachelor of Science Degree in a relevant technical field
– Six (6) years of hands-on experience with Information Technology that includes three of the following areas:
– Systems Requirements
– Operational Requirements
– Test & Evaluation
– Demonstrated experience in at least two of the following areas:
– Ability to plan and organize work and interact with technical and non-technical personnel translating user requirements into responsive applications
– Demonstrated detailed knowledge of IA concepts and requirements
– Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge of DOD military specifications and standards
– System design integration planning for multiple large-scale installations.
– Hardware and software Evaluation
– Application and System Assessments, planning execution and management.
– System requirements planning and oversight
– Technical development product milestone scheduling
– Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge of FISMA and HIPAA IA requirements
– Information Security Management and Information Systems Audit DESIRED SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
– Ability/Desire to obtain IT technical background/certifications (MCP, CCNA, CCDA, RHCSA, Network+, etc.)
– Ability/Desire to obtain IT security background/certifications (Security+, SSCP, GSEC, CSSP, CISSP, CAP, GSLC, etc.) THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE DoD SECRET CLEARANCE Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
on Company Website
Job ID: *************
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: .
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Scientific Research Corp
Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced engineering company that was founded in 1988 to provide innovative solutions to the U.S. Government, private industry, and international markets. Since its inception, SRC has continued to successfully meet emerging challenges in the marketplace and consistently deliver the highest quality products and technical services to its customers.SRC’s business activities are focused on a broad range of information, communications, intelligence, electronic warfare, simulation, training, and instrumentation systems. With corporate headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, and engineering offices located across the U.S., SRC is dedicated to a full range of engineering, integration, testing, support, and research and development activities. SRC laboratories and test facilities reflect state-of-the-art technology and mirror both commercial and defense operational environments. Contact Info
– Charleston, SC 29406
View Company Profile
Don’t miss out on new jobs like this
Get the latest jobs delivered to your inbox. Unsubscribe at any time.
Create Job Alert
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.
Maximum Email Alerts
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.