Job Opportunities – Virginia Premier Health Plans – Systems Analyst III in Glen Allen, Virginia | Careers at Richmond – Innsbrook
Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Have you applied with us before?
Log in here.
Systems Analyst III
Job Locations US-VA-Glen Allen
Job ID 2019-5594
Don’t just find a job, find your WHY at a purpose-driven organization; discover a career at Virginia Premier.
By blending quality benefits, affiliating with the world-renowned VCU Health System and offering career-advancing development programs, we allow our employees to focus on the meaningful work of improving and saving the lives of more than 200,000 people throughout the state of Virginia.
At Virginia Premier, we are building an industry leading health care organization through dedicated teams that have heart, provide top-notch quality member services and embrace our mission of inspiring healthy living within the communities we serve. Our vision is to connect people to innovation, quality and affordable health care for all phases of life.
If this sounds like you, read on!
The Systems Analyst III position involves extensive expertise in working with corporate application installation, support and maintenance. This position is involved with working with end users of these corporate applications to resolve problems and develop custom solutions to meet their needs. This position helps in architecting and developing solutions or the selection of software to meet the needs of departments and its’ end users. The Systems Analyst III provides leadership and mentoring to other analysts to help with their professional IT development in all aspects.
– Works with departments to gather requirements in the selection of both custom and out of the box software solutions.
– Assess the needs of the end user and translate them into program requirements.
– Determining end user requirements by facilitating meetings, using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, and task and workflow analysis.
– Work closely with developers and end users to ensure technical compatibility and end user satisfaction.
– Provide high level application support and trouble shooting of corporate applications.
– Provide database administration for corporate application databases.
– Performs data mining and extraction on corporate databases.
– Performs responsibility of a team leader for the Business and Systems Analysts to report to the Systems Applications Managers.
– Provides leadership and mentoring to other Systems Analysts as needed.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
– Bachelor’s Degree preferred, but not required. Focus in Computer Science, Business Administration, Information Systems or related field preferred.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE AND/OR SKILLS
– Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office products
– SQL and RDBMS knowledge; Oracle a plus
– Windows Operating Systems and SQL Server
– Microsoft SCOM & SCCM
– Ability to plan, test, implement, and troubleshoot system software
– Ability to determine computer problems and to coordinate hardware and/or software solutions.
– Knowledge of hardware integration and configuration and network connectivity.
– Experience in supporting end-users in a corporate environment and excellent communication/teamwork skills
– Documentation and requirements gathering
– Additional skills normally acquired through a combination of a Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years of systems analyst experience.
– Minimum of three to five years working in Information Systems
– Business Systems Analyst experience a plus
– Physical health sufficient to meet the ergonomic standards and demands of the position.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. EOE
for this job online
Email this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
on your newsfeed
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get started.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.