TMR – Careers -Systems Analyst – Senior
Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Log back in!
Systems Analyst – Senior
Job Locations US-DC
Posted Date 9 hours ago(6/21/2018 2:17 PM)
Job ID 2018-2277
Security Clearance Secret
Under general direction, performs high-level systems analysis, evaluation, design, integration, documentation, and implementation of very complex application that require a thorough knowledge of administrative and technical skills. Directs and participates in all phases of system development with emphasis on planning, analysis, evaluation, integration, testing and acceptance phases (IV & V and DT & E). Applies higher-level business or technical principles and methods to very difficult technical problems to arrive at automated engineering solution. Designs and prepares technical reports and related documentation, and makes charts and graphs to record results. Prepare and deliver presentations and briefings as required by the Task Order. May be required to serve as Task Leader. Responsible for ensuring the quality and services delivered for particular task(s) for which this skill is performing the Task Leader position.
Serves as a Systems Programmer in the mainframe environment, which provides mainframe systems support for DOJ-wide customers in an Enterprise data center environment. Duties include, but are not limited to: Mainframe Systems Programmer – responsible for the installation, configuration, monitoring, automation, integrity, technical support and maintenance of the Department’s IBM System Z mainframe environment. Serves as a systems programmer for z/OS with support of z/VM only for IOCD (I/O configuration) and configuration of resources on the CEC. Handling day-to-day activities, some storage admin duties, Disaster Recovery planning/preparation and testing. May serve as the administrator for PARMLIB changes for all LPARs that are implemented at PM outages. Maintains a familiarity with the shutdown REXX code that is used to shut down all LPARs just prior to PM outages in a clean and timely fashion. Serves as the backup for automation issues when primary support is unavailable. Serves as a backup for mainframe storage SME when the primary support is unavailable.
This position requires:
– Thorough knowledge and proven ability to perform installation, maintenance, problem analysis and prevention, system tailoring, customization and administration, performance monitoring and tuning, and documentation of IBM z/OS.
– z/OS System Support Knowledge including parmlib, authorize libraries, CLISTs, REXX and Procs changes.
– Experience maintaining mainframe IODF.
– Experience maintaining JES2 subsystem
– VTAM experience (used for TN3270 type terminal communications and EE Pipes with both DOJ and external government customers)
– TCP/IP experience (primarily IPv4 but in the early stages of IPv6). This includes all the IP-LU Mapping (an example is the Two Factor LUName requirements for Top Secret), OSA cards on all mainframe and working with Network Support Group and JUTNet. BIG-IP
– Console communications with OSA-ICC experience.
– Proven ability to determine, analyze and resolve software and device related problems.
– Demonstrated high level communication skills and ability to develop positive relationships with customers, team members, vendor service providers and stakeholders.
– Ability to work independently and as a team member.
– Strong customer service skills.
– Experience installing and migrating new software releases.
– General knowledge of mainframe hardware including IBM z14, or IBM z13, or IBM EC12, Virtual tape and enterprise storage
– Operating Systems: Installing and maintaining z/OS Experience maintaining mainframe IODF.
– Using IBM SW: IBM Utilities, Tape Management Software, scheduler software
– Languages: CLISTs, REXX
– Ability to communicate and convey information (orally and in writing) to a diverse audience, including management, non-technical, and technical staff.
for this job online
Refer this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
on your newsfeed
Software Powered by iCIMS
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.