Job ID 11479
Type Regular Full-Time
Company Seattle Cancer Care Alliance
Category Information Technology
The Seattle Cancer Care Alliance (SCCA), located in Seattle, Washington, is part of a dynamic collaboration among three organizations known nationally and internationally for their patient care and research: Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, University of Washington, and Seattle Children’s. Over the past 25 years, these institutions have worked together to support their mission of adult and pediatric oncology patient care services, research and education.
The Clinical Application Architect at SCCA will provide expert knowledge of Epic clinical applications (primarily Beacon), systems analysis, application development and optimization, prototyping, testing, and overall application technical leadership related design and use of Epic Electronic Medical Record (EMR). The position will also act as a consultant to clinical, operational, and functional stakeholders to ensure the best design and processes are being developed and implemented across the care continuum.
* Provide expert level of technical understanding and advisement related to clinical applications.
* Effectively communicate complex concepts to various technical and non-technical stakeholders.
* Establish application design and maintenance standards .
* Lead testing and coordination of Epic code updates with the involvement of Clinical Analysts and Educators.
* Responsible for troubleshooting and resolving the most complex issues related to Epic applications.
* Assist with the coordination of change management for the SCCA.
* Consult with clinical and operational stakeholders to provide expert application information and system integration considerations.
* Evaluate application technologies and make recommendations for best use to support workflows and business processes.
* Define configuration of new applications or improve existing applications.
* Responsible for contributing to the development and mentoring of the Application Analysts on the Clinical Information Systems team.
* Coordinate development efforts with affected business partners, primarily University of Washington IT Services.
* Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in Healthcare or Computer Science
* Solution expertise in EPIC Beacon & other integrated EPIC applications:
* Ability to Recommend changes in software development, business processes, maintenance, and/or system standards
* Strong Healthcare industry experience maintaining, designing, building and implementing of EPIC solutions with a focus on Oncology
* Strong Communication and Client presentation skills
* Ability to establish productive relationships with partners and vendors
* Coordination of efforts and changes with University of Washington and other business partners
* Master’s degree in Clinical Informatics, Healthcare or IT
* 3-5 years of Team Lead or Management Experience
* Certifications: EpicCare Inpatient, HOD, Willow Inpatient, Cadence, Chronicles, Cogito, MyChart, Care Everywhere
* Knowledge of JCAHO, DOH, and other regulatory requirements
* Lean processes or CPI knowledge and exposure
* Effective written and verbal communication skills
Our Commitment to Diversity
We are committed to cultivating a workplace in which diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and respected. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and VEVRAA Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology, or membership in any other legally protected class. We are an Affirmative Action employer. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds to apply and desire priority referrals of protected veterans. If due to a disability you need assistance/and or a reasonable accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please send a request to our Employee Services Center at ********************* or by calling ************.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.