Job opening: Systems Architect | Continental AG
– Go to navigation
– Go to content
– Go to the end of the page
By using the following access keys you can jump directly to the respective links:
– 0 Navigation
– 1 Job openings
– 2 Speculative application
– 3 My career
– 4 Job subscription
– 5 change language
– 6 Login / Logout
– Job openings
– Job subscription
– My Application
Home / Job openings / Systems Architect
The candidate will be part of the Continental Automotive Deer Park Systems Engineering team with a focus on Systems Architecture, owning the end-to-end technical implementation of Connectivity products for the automotive market. The SY Architect defines concepts and describes SY Architecture in a project or a platform project based on the requirements. He/she decomposes the product into components, defines the interfaces, dynamic behavior and resource consumption target. He/she supports and reviews the software and hardware design, implementation and test cases as well as factory process. He/she will be responsible for the Connectivity technical roadmap, own the envision and next generation designs, participate in all sourcing and future technology decisions, and participate in industry symposiums, conferences, and training activities.
– Use tools and SysML methodologies to create system level diagrams to represent the system functionality, such as block diagrams, user diagrams, and activity flow.
– Own the specifications of interface between high level modules.
– Make sure that product architecture meets requirements with respect to functionality, performance, quality and schedule.
– Define and break down memory and performance requirements for each software domain.
– Oversee progress of development team to ensure consistency with initial requirements and design.
– Define SY integration strategy and tests and support integrator/tester.
– Ensure the product meets all requirements of quality, security, modifiability, extensibility etc.
– Responsible for set-up and tracking of stability and performance issues.
– Support the problem resolution process including analysis, debugging with appropriate log & trace.
– Participate in engineering design and code reviews.
– Provide technical guidance to all engineering disciplines.
– Prepare and support architectural solutions for the CCB in case of change requests, which require a requirements or an architectural modification.
– Work together with System Integration to ensure the whole product performs according to requirements.
– Contribute to System development process implementation and evolution.
– Coaching of SW and HW developers and other engineers.
– Support customer and factory failure analysis discussions.
– Bachelor in Engineering (e.g. computer engineering, electrical engineering, software engineering).
– 2+ years of embedded software or electrical engineering experience.
– Basic knowledge and understanding of software engineering principles and techniques.
– Process oriented and experienced with automotive validation processes.
– Strong leader, communication skills, problem solving skills, and the ability to work in a diverse environment.
– Knowledge of Rhapsody and/or other modeling/design tools.
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
Continental is not able to pay relocation expenses for this opportunity.
– Master’s Degree in Engineering.
– Knowledge of Automotive ASPICE practices and tools.
– 5+ years of embedded software or electrical engineering experience.
– Minimum of 5 years in embedded Linux.
– Ability to travel internationally.
– Automotive experience a plus.
– Proven experience as a Software or Systems Requirements Engineer or Architect.
– Advanced knowledge and understanding of software engineering or electrical engineering principles and techniques.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, disability
With sales of 44 billion in 2017, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently employs more than 240,000 employees in 61 countries. Information management in and beyond the vehicle is at the very heart of the Interior division. The product portfolio for different types of vehicles includes: instrument clusters, multifunctional and head-up displays, control units, access control and tire-information systems, radios, infotainment systems, input devices, control panels, climate control units, software, cockpits as well as services and solutions for telematics and Intelligent Transportation Systems. The Interior division employs more than 46,000 people worldwide and generated sales of 9.3 billion in 2017.
Deer Park, IL
Deer Park, IL
– Retirement benefits
– Flexible working hours
– Employee discount company products
– Sports/Fitness programs
– Work Life Balance
– Referral program
– Profit Sharing Bonus
– Performance based bonus
Meet us at
Nice to know
With Continental Idea Management, employees helped to boost the efficiency and cost-effectiveness of the company worldwide, with more than 470,000 ideas in 2015.
Go to Career Website
Not logged in
Do you already know
You have to log in first
Jobad has already been bookmarked.
The job ad was added to your job list in your Job bookmarks of the Career Portal.
Jobad shared via e-mail.
Go to bookmarkerClose
with your social media account
Click on one of the following icons
– Data privacy statement
2018 – Continental AG
Go to navigation Go to the start of the page
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.