Requisition ID 2018-39863
# of Openings 1
Job Function Information Technology
Security Clearance Level Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Full/Part Time Full Time
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
1. Performs expert-level systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
3. Acts as a subject-matter expert to multiple tasks and/or programs.
4. Reviews completion and implementation of system additions and/or enhancements and makes recommendations to management and/or clients.
5. Plans and directs upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements. 6. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.
7. Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
8. Serves as a technical team or task lead.
9. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibility.
10. Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
11. May provide expertise to multiple projects and tasks.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
1. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline.
2. Masters degree preferred.
15-20 years of related systems engineering experience.
Location: Herndon Hours: TBD [System Engineer] Candidate will collaborate with customer management team & operational and engineering teams to define an enterprise IT strategy and deliver the plan; develop system requirements; system designs and execution plan; deliver proof of concept; perform unit testing technology solutions and lead system integration and implementation efforts. Demonstrated knowledge/experience with infrastructure principles (Fault Tolerance, High Availability, Scalability, Capacity Planning, Backup/Recovery); knowledge/experience with Active Directory, Encryption (at rest & in transit) IDS/IPS, Firewalls, VPNs, SSL; knowledge/experience with enterprise infrastructure architecture, engineering, & troubleshooting all levels of the IT application hosting infrastructure to include network, storage, platform, middleware, database, and application. Knowledge/experience with cloud technologies (Openstack, Azure, AWS). iDAM, RHEL, SAN, NAS. Monitoring (Splunk, Nagios, Ganglia), Scripting Languages (Shell, Perl, Python), Information Security Practices (RBAC, INFOSEC, Auditing, Patching, OS Hardening
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.