Leidos has an immediate opening in our Albuquerque, NM office for a Systems Engineer with experience in the development, deployment, operation, and sustainment of weapon systems for the department of defense. The successful candidate will work with a team of engineers and scientists in a research and development environment. The candidate will guide the team to incorporate proven directed energy (DE) technologies into fully capable weapon systems for the United States Air Force and other customers.
Used Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) tools and techniques to perform systems requirements analysis, functional analysis, timeline analysis, trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition, technical management, integration, system testing, and quality assurance.
Evaluate alternative system designs and configurations to address stakeholder concerns such as cost and risk, supportability, reliability, and performance.
Support DE system development through all program phases including technical planning, system hardware-software-network design, development and integration, verification and validation, and fielding.
Generate reports and design documentation based on the digital model.
- Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering w/ 8 years of prior relevant experience or a Bachelor’s degree in any technical field combined with a Systems Engineering Master’s degree and at least 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Proficiency with MBSE software, preferably Cameo.
- Ability and willingness to obtain a DoD Secret clearance.
- Prior systems engineering experience on fielded systems for the US Military, with particular consideration for the Air Force.
- We are particularly interested in candidates with prior experience with planning and execution of system lifecycle management.
- Demonstrated ability to apply digital models to the design of experiments.
- Current and active DoD clearance
Pay Range $101,400.00 – $183,300.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Original Posting Date:
While subject to change based on business needs, Leidos reasonably anticipates that this job requisition will remain open for at least 3 days with an anticipated close date of no earlier than 3 days after the original posting date as listed above.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.