Commvault is the world’s most powerful backup and recovery software in the cloud and on any infrastructure, helping companies transform their data into a powerful strategic asset. Commvault data protection and information management solutions enable companies and organizations of all sizes, in all industries, to protect, access and share all of their dataanywhere and anytime.
As an organization, we are committed to a great work culture that embraces our values and promotes professional growth. Our Vaulters are passionate innovators who work together to uncover new challenges that can be solved. We are proud that the focus of every vaulter is to drive our customers’ businesses forward. We’re all about getting the job done, and having FUN doing it. As vaulters we pride ourselves on transparency, integrity, and respect in everything that we do.
NOW is the time to join a growing company with strong roots, where you can take on your next challenge.
We have an outstanding career opportunity for a successful Systems Engineer to be located in New York City. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced pre-sales engineer with an understanding of driving revenue and pre-sales support to current and prospective clients. The ideal candidate will bring skills in channel partner management, sales engineering, solution creation, and customer decision making to this fast paced and rapid growing organization.
Position Responsibilities include:
- Work as part of pre-sales team to formulate account strategies including engaging and supporting resources from channel partners for a set of named accounts in the assigned territory.
- Perform discovery while engaging with the customer to understand key technical, financial, operational, and business issues that can be mitigated or alleviated with Commvault.
- Distil the discovery into a concise message, outlining the salient technical, business, operational, and financial inefficiencies/challenges that Commvault Software addresses.
- Create and present the business case surrounded by merits of a Commvault solution to C-level executives.
- Propose and demonstrate Commvault products through the use of demos, white board, pilots, "proof-of-concepts", presentations, etc.
- Own the technical relationship with Commvault accounts.
- Develop strong customer relationships, ensuring that technical account management best practices are being followed by the systems engineering team.
- Work with internal departments (sales, support, marketing, development), as appropriate, to ensure success during sales campaigns and/or to ensure the customer experience is extremely positive.
Position Requirements include:
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science/engineering or related technical field
- 5+ years in the software or storage industry; 2+ years of experience serving in a pre-sales systems engineer role
- Experience delivering, presenting, selling, supporting Enterprise Clients – Working or competitive knowledge of Symantec NBU, EMC Networker, EMC Avamar, IBM TSM, Symantec Enterprise Vault, etc.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Prior experience selling, installing, and architecting data management solutions (backup and recovery, data migration, replication, compliance, SRM, etc.)
- Specialized knowledge/skills and demonstrated proficiency with at least one major open systems operating system (UNIX or Windows)
- Enterprise application exposure or knowledge of (Oracle, Exchange, Informix, SharePoint, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of tape drives, libraries, storage arrays, storage networking, networking protocols, and general connectivity in multi-platform enterprise environments
- Success penetrating and managing major accounts (Fortune 500-1000)
- Travel 30%+ of the time within assigned territory
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.