Remote Work: No
At Zebra, we’re reinventing how businesses operate at the enterprise edge – helping them run faster, smarter, and more connected than ever before.
A dynamic community of builders, doers and problem solvers, we each play a unique role – shaping new technologies, bringing solutions to market, and partnering with companies on the front line of business.
Being a part of Zebra means making your mark as we make digital transformation a reality.
It means growing into a leader at a leading company that makes a distinct difference – because together, we’ve only just begun.
Build Today. Create Tomorrow. Become a leader at a leading company, Become a Zebra!
As the Systems Engineer, Advanced, you will participate in the product development process from concept to product launch. The emphasis will be on defining the solution that will be consistent with customer, industry, and regulatory requirements. They will be responsible for the design of the system and validating its integrity. Their contribution will ensure that the product at the sub-system and system level meets or exceeds performance targets, meets high quality standards, and will maintain performance targets under manufacturing process variation at high volume.
You should have a solid analytical and practical knowledge of systems spanning electrical, software/OS, mechanical, RF, audio, and wireless design and an understanding of a hardware development process.
- Performs System feasibility studies and evaluates alternative technology applications.
- Collaborates with Product Management and Customers to decompose customer use cases into correct features
- Establishes requirements for highly complex system design projects and may lead a team responsible for establishing requirements. Ensure correct features are incorporated first in the projects. Ensures correct features are incorporated first in the projects
- Successfully collaborates and communicates with software and hardware sub-system development teams.
- Uses status as a knowledge leader in system design and functional knowledge across multiple engineering disciplines and program management to provide technical leadership to a given program
- Defines requirements for and may design complex new tools to aid in the analysis and solving of complex problems
- Initiates cross-company collaboration and develops positive relationships with other engineering disciplines
- Exercises judgment (within broadly defined policies and practices) in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- May coordinate the activities of other personnel
- Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise. Interacts with management and senior customer personnel on matters requiring coordination across organizational lines. Represent the organization as the principal customer contact and often performs project leadership
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering with 5 + years of experience
- System Engineering experience ideally in the Mobile computing space
- Able to clearly communicate complex concepts to broadly diverse audiences and guide both local and remote teams in achieving their goals.
- Experienced in defining system requirements from complex customer use cases.
- Demonstrated proficiency in dealing with ambiguity and ability to stay focused and to clear barriers.
- Strong ability to present detailed information at the appropriate level.
- Masters degree and 4+ year experience
- Background in complex Software Projects, understanding of Android OS concepts
- Experience working on Handheld devices on Android platform.
- Successfully held a recent role as a System Engineering role working on a product development effort that ultimately led to a successful Market launch/customer delivery.
- Recent hands-on experience in the full lifecycle (cradle to grave) development of Enterprise class productivity devices and/or the associated application ecosystem is highly desirable.
- Working knowledge of the Agile development process.
- Experience in hardware design and implementation.
- Experience in solutions for Payment/POS applications is a plus.
- Experience in Android HAL, Framework, Security, and Applications.
- Recent working knowledge of latest wireless technologies spanning: (i.e.) 4G/LTE/5G NR, GNSS/UWB, Wi-Fi/802.11(x), NFC, HF/UHF-RFID, Bluetooth/BLE.
- Multiple languages are a plus.
Zebra is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, ancestry, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance in applying for a position, please contact us at email@example.com.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here: https://www.zebra.com/content/dam/zebra/compliance/eeoisthelawposter.pdf. The EEO is the Law poster supplement is available here: https://www.zebra.com/content/dam/zebra/compliance/ginasupplement.pdf.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation
Zebra Total Rewards includes more than just pay and is structured to meet the needs of our changing global business and evolving talent. We are committed to providing our employees with a benefits program that is comprehensive and competitive – including healthcare, wellness, inclusion networks, and continued learning and development offerings. We offer community service days, in addition to the traditional insurances, compensation, parental leave, employee assistance program and paid time off offerings depending on the country where you work.
Salary: USD 111200.00 – USD 166800.00 Yearly
Salary offered will vary depending on your location, job-related skills, knowledge, and experience.
Additionally, all Zebra roles are eligible for cash incentive programs. For example, sales roles have additional opportunity to earn substantial variable compensation tied to quota achievement. In most other roles, the Zebra annual cash incentive program links Company and individual performance together. Some roles may also be eligible for long-term incentive equity awards.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.