Systems Engineer and Data Analyst
Systems Engineer and Data Analyst-15457
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL), a national leader in scientific research and development, located midway between Baltimore and Washington, DC is seeking a experienced Systems Engineer and Analyst in the Air and Missile Defense Sector.
Job Summary: Serve as Battle Management, Command and Control data analyst and systems engineer for various Government agencies, but primarily the Missile Defense Agency located at Schriever AFB. This position is geared for an individual who is a self starter having demonstrated capabilities leading small teams, attention to detail and quality, and maturing concepts into fielded solutions.
– Perform data analysis on developing baseline systems to ensure system development is maturing through the development life cycle. This requires strong analytic capabilities, and the ability to build strong relationships with the contractor organization, and Government leads to ensure expected performance is being met and understood. (50%)
– As a Battle Management, Command and Control subject matter expert develop future system concepts for the Assured Space Operations mission by working with the Space Security and Defense Program (SSDP). Execute on the concepts through systems integration, and prototype development. (25%)
– Working with analysis team provide quick turn assessments on real world performance analysis requiring high accuracy, and extreme efficiency. (25%)
Note: This job summary and listing of duties is for the purpose of describing the position and its essential functions at time of hire and may change over time.
: Required Qualifications:
– Bachelors of Science in Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineer, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or similar field with minimum 3-5 years experience with Systems Engineering practices: concept development, requirements analysis, systems architecture design.
– Working knowledge of scientific programming, and algorithm development using tools such as (MATLAB, Mathmatica, or other SW language Java, C++)
– Demonstrated strong communication both written and oral with experience briefing senior level government leaders.
– Active Secret Clearance
– 5+ years experience with a master’s degree in appropriate technical field. here
– Experience in Battle Management, Command and Control functions, experience with Missile Defense Agency systems and arcitectures, architectures and requirements development, physics-based modeling, Systems Tool Kit, MATLAB, SOAP, and Enterprise Architect.
– Active TS/SCI
Special Working Conditions: Will be working in a closed environment. Extended hours periodically required. Valid state driver’s license required. Travel as required to Laurel MD and other sponsor locations.
Security: Applicant selected will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
Benefits: APL offers a comprehensive benefits package including a liberal vacation plan, a matching retirement program, significant educational assistance, a scholarship tuition program for staff with dependents, and competitive salaries commensurate with skills and experience. For more information about our organization, please visit our web site at **************.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Johns Hopkins University/Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that complies with Title IX of the Education Amendments Acts of 1972, as well as other applicable laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Primary Location United States-Colorado-Colorado Springs
– ID#: *********
– Location: Colorado Springs, CO , 80509
– Type: Engineering
– Company: Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory
– View More Jobs!
– Post your resume
– Create an Alert
– Found a mis-fit listing? Report it
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.