Type of Requisition:
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Top Secret SCI + Polygraph
Public Trust/Other Required:
GDIT is your place. Make it your own by bringing your ideas and unique perspective to our culture. By owning your opportunity at GDIT, you are helping us ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work depends on a Systems Engineer joining our team to support Government activities in Washington, D.C., Sterling, VA, or Annapolis Junction, MD.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Systems Engineer supporting the Government, you will be a part of a team charged with engineering solutions for desktop (physical & virtual) builds for Windows, Apple, and Linux operating systems, STIF compliance, lifecycle, etc.
In this role, a typical day may include:
- Building the strategy for the endpoint environment, including emerging technology, new technical solutions, software, and hardware based on DIA CIO roadmaps
- Maintaining DISA-approved WIM and Secure Host Baseline (SHB) including testing and transferring to appropriate enclaves
- Downloading, packaging, and deploying Windows and Office Security Updates
- Developing, implementing, and documenting formal configuration guides as needed
- Developing, testing, deploying, and maintaining Group Policy Objects (GPOs) in Microsoft Active Directory (AD) for end user devices, which implement STIG and other device and account controls
- Developing, testing, and deploying desktop images including applications and GPO updates
- Deploying and updating approved packaged applications using PowerShell App Deployment Toolkit (PSADT)
- Developing technical supporting documentation for IT equipment and systems as required
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Active TS/SCI clearance and ability to obtain and maintain a CI poly.
- Must meet DoD 8570 IAT Level II requirements including one of the following: Security+ CE, CND, SSCP, GSEC, GICSP, CySA+, or CCNA Security.
- Bachelor's Degree and 6+ years of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and years of experience.
- Detailed knowledge of end user computing environments including Windows 10, Windows 11, Mac OSX, and their supporting infrastructure components such as Active Directory, group policy creation and maintenance, and SCCM
- Experience with deploying, configuring, and managing enterprise solutions for Windows 10 and 11
- Experience with Python, PowerShell, and Bash Scripting
- Familiarity with VMware ESXi and VSphere.
- Familiarity with virtualization network on multiple classifications.
- Familiarity with Citrix or VMware VDI architecture.
WHAT GDIT CAN OFFER YOU:
Full-flex work week
401K with company match
Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
Collaborative teams of highly motivated critical thinkers and innovators
Ability to make a real impact on the world around you
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
USA MD Annapolis Junction
Additional Work Locations:
COVID-19 Vaccination: GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.