Systems Engineer – End User Services
This position is available to residents of North Carolina as Raleigh, NC in-office applicants. Enact currently enjoys a hybrid in office / work from home schedule.
Enact policy requires employees to be vaccinated before they visit an office. Because this position requires office attendance, any offers of employment shall be conditional upon proof of vaccination or exception based on a qualifying medical or religious accommodation request.
The Systems Engineer-End User Services will be responsible for managing, supporting, and administering a wide variety of end user facing enterprise technologies and services, including mobility services, end point services, asset management, device imaging services, end point patching services, Office 365 services, Active Directory, group policy, and firewall policy management. This role will also partner with IT and business partners to support and implement IT project deployments and change controls. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required, along with excellent documentation publishing skills to facilitate the creation and publication of IT knowledge base content. Additionally, the End User Services Systems Engineer will provide Tier 3 engineering support and operations services for the Enact Mortgage Insurance service desk and deskside support team and engage peer IT organizations for cross-functional support services as required.
• Support, operation, and administration of End User Infrastructure systems and services
• Evaluation, design, engineering, and implementation of end user computing services and systems for end point and mobility devices
• Operational engineering support and administration for the Enact Mobile Device Management service
• Backup and on-call rotational support for End User Services technologies managed by the Enact IT engineering team
• Level 3 support and escalation for end user services escalations, including senior leadership and VIP users
• Conduct research, making recommendations on improving end user services
• Manage the testing and validation of new software releases, including pilot programs, for patches, updates, and image updates for the end user computing environment.
• Support, operation, and administration of virtual desktop solutions and infrastructure
• Support, operation, and administration of conferencing and collaboration technology and services
• Support for end point device deployments and refreshes
• Support for Windows operating system features and configurations
• Support for Mac operating system features and configurations
• Management of incidents, problems, and changes within the IT system of record
Proactive System Analysis, Monitoring and Documentation
• Implementing, managing, monitoring, and maintaining end user operating systems, hardware, applications, and cloud hosted services according to documented practices
• Developing, documenting, and maintaining policies, procedures and associated training plans for system administration and appropriate use
• Provide 24 x 7 production support for critical IT systems and infrastructure (Per support rotation)
• The successful candidate will analyze and monitor Client Services components as they are being tested through production rollout, to determine the best methodology to address performance, reliability, and redundancy issues
• The successful candidate will work with third-party vendors / professional services and in-house developers as necessary
• The candidate will be required to compose and compile thorough documentation to enable ongoing administration and support of their respective systems and applications
Security and Business Continuity
• Administration and design using security best practices to maintain and ensure Enact systems meet or exceed corporate and industry standards
• Maintain our disaster recovery systems and provide strategic ways to enhance these systems
• 2 to 3 years’ experience managing and/or supporting end user facing services and/or operations
• Bachelor’s degree in business or IT related discipline
• 2 to 3 years hands on experience in support of core end user technologies: MS Exchange, MS SharePoint, Virtualization, Citrix, Microsoft Office365, iOS, Mac OS, Windows OS, Mobile Device Management, Firewall Policies, Group Policies, Active Directory
• Excellent communication and documentation skills
• Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment, make sound decisions in emergency situations
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
WHY WORK AT ENACT
• We have a real impact on the lives of the people we serve
• We work on challenging and rewarding projects
• We give back to the communities where we live
• We offer competitive benefits including:
o Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Account options beginning your first day
o Generous Choice Time Off policy
o 12 Paid Holidays
o 40 hours of volunteer time off
o 401K Account with matching contributions
o Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Repayment
o Paid Family Leave
o Child Care Subsidy Program
Enact, operating principally through its wholly-owned subsidiary Genworth Mortgage Insurance Corp. since 1981, is a leading U.S. private mortgage insurance provider committed to helping more people achieve the dream of homeownership. Building on a deep understanding of lenders’ businesses and a legacy of financial strength, we partner with lenders to bring best-in class service, leading underwriting expertise, and extensive risk and capital management to the mortgage process, helping to put more people in homes and keep them there. By empowering customers and their borrowers, Enact seeks to positively impact the lives of those in the communities in which it serves in a sustainable way. Enact is headquartered in Raleigh, North Carolina.
Through our values of Excellence, Improvement and Connection, the Enact team delivers on our mission to help more people realize the dream of homeownership. The positive impact we can have on our world inspires us to go the extra mile. We look at the bigger picture, always considering our customers’ processes and their borrowers’ experience. We work hard to anticipate all the effects our actions might have. That can make our work challenging, and also satisfying.
Are you the kind of person who’s always anticipating your customers’ needs? Always one step ahead, ready to catch that unexpected curveball? If so, you could thrive with us.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and all hiring decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and business need. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.