Type of Requisition:
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
No Suitability Required
Public Trust/Other Required:
Please take this opportunity to join one of GDIT’s fastest long-standing growing programs! US Battlefield Information Collection and Exploitation System eXtended (US BICES-X) is a cutting-edge program supporting DoD intelligence information sharing on current and emerging global threats to mission and coalition partners and emerging nations. With an internationally dispersed team supporting each combatant command, the US BICES-X team is in direct support of the war fighter and their missions. We are seeking a creative and driven professional with a passion for solving real world issues on a cross-functional, fast paced team.
Senior Systems Engineer will provide the overall engineering, design, build, implementation/integration, and operations support of all existing and new Infrastructure. Sr Systems Engineer will also organize and implement the configuration and operation of information management systems. Responsible for coordinating with other system administrators to provide the day-to-day system administration to include system and resource optimization, and user assistance. Conducts capacity and performance analysis and provides system configuration change and upgrade recommendations. Increases system administrator efficiency and accuracy via the use of automated tools and scripts, develops system administrator procedures, and conducts system administrator training and skills assessments. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems
Able to perform direct and advisory roles in oversight, planning and implementation of projects and initiatives. Responsible for the design, planning, & integration of various database development efforts for a variety of applications. Advise management and team members of risks associated with technologies and implementation approaches and identify methods of risk mitigation. Conduct problem resolution and identify process improvements. Interface as needed at multiple levels of management, providing information, and thought leadership in technical areas.
This position is an 80% work remote opportunity.
Responsibilities but not limited to:
- Securely integrate new COTS and GOTS products into multiple existing Windows-based isolated networks.
- Automate installation of software using tools such as PowerShell, Desired State Configuration, Ansible, and/or Puppet
- Provide operational support and troubleshooting for Microsoft and Linux-based systems as higher-tier support for the Systems Operation teams.
- Design, develop, evaluate, and modify virtual compute environments throughout the technology life cycle.
- Participate in system conceptual design and documentation for enterprise solutions to deployment and management of COTS/GOTS software platforms.
- Determine system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
- Provide system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance as needed.
- Provide input to briefings, transitioning concepts to execution, course of action (COA) development, and assisting in project technical planning and implementation.
- Develop standard operation procedures (SOPs) and system documentation.
- Collaborate with managers, network and systems engineers, team members, and customers on solutions and issues.
- Review, analyze, and verify current security configuration and effectiveness in response to DoD requirements and emerging threats.
- Achieve and maintain Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) compliance.
- Mentor and coach less experienced system administrators and engineers.
- Participate in special projects as assigned.
- Continuous improvement mindset to ensure quality of delivered services.
- 15+ years of relevant experience
- BA/BS Degree – may substitute additional years of experience
- Must possess and maintain US Secret Security Clearance Required, TS/SCI Clearance preferred
- Must meet 8570.1 IAT Level 2 certification and computing environment requirements
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in building, maintaining, and supporting Microsoft technologies and related platforms: Active Directory configuration and management, Windows Server 2012/2016, Exchange, PowerShell, SharePoint, ADFS, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP.
- Understanding of Agile, ITIL, DevOps practices.
- A demonstrated strong working knowledge of Microsoft and Virtual infrastructure technologies
- Proficiency with automation/scripting languages PowerShell, Python, Puppet DSL, etc.
- Proficiency working in a team with Git source control manager
- Familiarity with CI/CD practices and tools such as Azure DevOps, Azure Pipelines, or GitLab
- Experience delivering solutions in accordance with agile and waterfall methodologies
- Certifications: MCSE, MCSA, MCITP, VMware, ITIL V4 Foundations
#dpost #cjobs #cjpost #isdcj #GDITRecruiter #BICES #excitingMPEteam
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
USA VA Springfield
Additional Work Locations:
COVID-19 Vaccination: GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.