Purpose of JobWe are seeking a talented Systems Engineer /Software Developer Mid Level for our San Antonio, TX or Plano, TX facilities.
Primary responsibilities for this role are the development of automation and tooling applications supporting systems engineering and product teams within Client Computing.
Independently plans installs, integrates and validates systems software and hardware solutions. Manages technical change implementation across environments. Acquires and applies broad knowledge of the business, its products, and processes. Resolves issues of and navigates obstacles to deliver work product. Serves as a resource to less experienced team members on escalated issues of a routine nature. Participates in the evaluation, development, implementation, integration and administration of internal and external business solutions that meet customer needs.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we’ve been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For, and we’ve ranked among Victory Media’s Top 10 Military Friendly Employers primar13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
ABOUT USAA IT
Our most important qualification isn’t technical, it’s human. Here, we don’t just sit in front of a screen. We stand behind our 11 million members who rely on us every day.
We are over 3,000 employees strong, a passionately supportive and collaborative team built on Agile principles. We’ve been a top-two Computerworld 100 Best Places to Work in IT five years in a row and were recently named a Top 50 Employer for Minority Engineers & IT by Workforce Diversity Magazine.
See what it’s like to work for a company where your passion meets our purpose:
USAA Information Technology: A Realistic Preview
– Consistently applies learned processes, procedures and workflows to include however not limited to the software and/or hardware environments in one domain.
– Generates new solutions leveraging competent skills and knowledge.
– Solve complex infrastructure and application problems independently.
– Considered fully qualified in one domain.
– May serve as a mentor to junior team members.
– May be a subject matter expert in one or more specializations within a domain.
– Utilizes troubleshooting techniques to determine problem root cause and apply knowledge of operational infrastructure to determine business impact.
– Perform system monitoring, daily check, diagnostic and corrective action, complex root cause analysis and implement corrective measures to prevent future service interruptions.
– Configures, maintains and monitors systems infrastructure to enhance availability, improve performance, and ensure adequate capacity.
– Bachelor’s degree required (OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree).
– Minimum of 4+ years of relevant business support and/or general information technology support experience.
– Proficient knowledge of systems administration and/or systems programming skills for Desktop OS (Windows) technologies and software.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
– 4 + years Object-oriented Programming (C#, C++, Java) experience
– 2+ years SQL or Oracle database (optional) experience
– 2+ years of experience with implementing and or integrating with APIs
– Experience with Agile software development practices
USAA’s most valuable resource is our 28,000 employees. We promote a culture of diversity and inclusion, encouraging varied perspectives and ideas.
Our team enjoys world-class benefits, pay and highly competitive reward opportunities, including comprehensive healthcare, wellness and wealth building programs, employee resource groups, 401K matching dollar-for-dollar up to 8% of pay, career planning and continuing education.
We promote a strong work-life balance with a variety of on-site services and conveniences depending on location, including a daycare, health center and pharmacy, multiple dining options, company stores, covered parking and free fitness centers. USAA is a casual dress environment.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have managers approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates
to apply to the opening is 07/15/18 by 11:59 pm CST time.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.