At SNC we are building the future of cyber security. You’ll be a member of a cyber solutions team passionate about technology and using it to create powerful visualizations and analytics. We build a wide variety of cyber solutions from automated infrastructure to cloud-based systems to machine learning. We’re looking for people who want to join our team of designers, engineers and enthusiasts and be a part of what’s happening.
The Mission Solutions and Technologies (MST) business area provides affordable, turn-key command/control, communications, integrated ISR, force protection and security solutions worldwide. The MST team has a long legacy of supporting the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, commercial and international customers with years of experience in platform operations, engineering and full lifecycle management across domains – air, land, sea, space and cyber. Learn more about MST
- Analyze and measure system performance. Configure systems for optimum performance.
- Troubleshoot systems.
- Recommend, setup, and configure servers.
- Automate testing, installation, and maintenance processes.
- Design, test, and implement system security.
- Contribute to our automated build, deploy and test processes for each solution.
- Work with a wide range of systems, processes and technologies to own and solve problems from end-to-end.
- Work in an engineering focused, iterative team that’s composed of people with a wide range of skills.
- Conduct research on new and interesting technologies that help to progress our products and platforms.
- Bachelor's of Science degree in System Engineering or related discipline and typically 6 or more years of relevant experience
- Practical knowledge of engineering principles and practices
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary design and development teams
- Knowledge of requirements management, functional requirements parsing, derivation, and allocation; systems design, systems integration, technical risk identification and management strategies, and Verification and Validation (V&V) principles
- Very strong Linux administration, automation, and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong experience with the ELK stack, HDFS, and Apache Kafka.
- Experience with Linux administration tools like Puppet and Ansible.
- Experience with tools like Jenkins and Docker.
- Exposure to architectural patterns of large, high-scale applications.
- Fluent, open communication style – speaking, writing, collaborating.
- Ability to create and communicate system designs.
Experience deploying and maintaining large, distributed, machine-learning, big-data systems.
Experience working in a team-based, start-up or agile development environment.
Track record of pursuing self-directed side projects, research, or open source projects.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC
SNC offers a generous benefit package, including medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k) with 150% match up to 6%, life insurance, 3 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more.
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-U.S. citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the U.S., foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC), our mission is to dream, innovate, inspire and empower the next generation to transform humanity through technology and imagination. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome our employees to bring their whole selves to their work. SNC is committed to fostering an inclusive, accepting, and diverse environment free of discrimination. Employment decisions are made without regarding to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law. Contributions to SNC come in many shapes and styles, and we believe diversity in our workforce fosters new and greater ways to dream, innovate, and inspire.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.