This position is responsible for planning and project management, complex problem resolution, and advanced production support for the Bank's systems infrastructure. Provides expert guidance and mentorship on system technical support, maintenance, and enhancement. Leads the administration of software and hardware that supports customer sales and service applications. Installs, automates, and tests infrastructures for continuous improvement. Monitors overall systems performance to identify potential issues and tune appropriately. Addresses failed components or technical issues and provides resolution. Oversees the work of less experienced associates and serves as a technical resource to wider business unit.
- Technical Support – Leads technical support and service in the installation and testing of software, patches, and upgrades to system products. Resolves complex problems and failures that occur in assigned products and technical facilities. Responsible for administration, communication, and documentation throughout technical support activities. Designs, implements, and maintains processes related to daily backup, recovery, data security, and other disaster recovery functions.
- System Testing – Coordinates testing with application support staff to determine function, results, stability, performance, and resource consumption. Verifies the successful implementation of software, patches, and upgrades. Performs a variety of planning and technical activities to ensure resource availability.
- System Enhancement – Works to continuously monitor and improve systems, processes, and related technical infrastructure. Improves technical effectiveness by automating tasks, and utilizing programming or scripting to perform support duties. May utilize SMP/E, Iebgenr, Iebcopy, Rexx, Korn shell programming, Perl, Batch, FTP, Telnet, Netview, PowerShell, Python, Windows, Linux and AIX administrator functions, Quest, depending on the platform.
- Technical Expertise – Maintains a strong knowledge base through ongoing research and education. Communicates effective and clear technical information to associates, vendor support personnel, and internal clients. Manages special or advanced technical projects. Provides guidance, mentorship, and leadership to less experienced associates in the work group.
- Bachelor's Degree and 6 years of experience in Systems engineer and systems programmer OR High School Diploma or GED and 10 years of experience in Systems engineer and systems programmer
Preferred Education: Bachelor's Degree, Technical Degree/Certification
Preferred Area of Experience: IBM Mainframe Environment
License or Certification Type: z/OS Mainframe
Skill(s): Exposure to Desktop, Windows and UNIX system services.
Specific knowledge of the following Network related services on the z/OS Mainframe platform:
z/OS TCP/IP – Customization and troubleshooting (IP Stack, TN3270, Policy Agent, OMPROUTE, OSA configurations)
VTAM / SNA – (Enterprise Extender configurations, APPN customization and troubleshooting, Cross Domain Resources, CTC’s)
Connect: Direct – File Transmission Software support to numerous clients using CD Version 6.2
Software Products – Netview, Tibco Substation, Bluezone / PComm for TN3270 accessibility, Topaz Workbench, VPS, VFTP.
z/OS 2.4 and z/OS 2.5 Technical skills – Supporting six LPARS across Two Sysplexes.
Security – Experience with security encryption and certificate management.
Performance – Experience tuning, monitoring, and troubleshooting multiple SYSPLEX environments.
Network security – TLS 1.2 security level supporting AT-TLS. Familiarity of Policy Agent configuration.
MQ Software -Support z/OS MQ V9.2
Precisely Software – Support Ironstream on multiple z/OS LPARS.
z/OSMF – Familiarity in implementation and usage.
WLM – Policy configuration knowledge helpful.
FTP – Provide Support for file transmission protocols such as FTP / SFTP / FTPS.
A familiarity of Assembler, SMP/E, z/OS Utilities, VSAM, CICS as related to Listeners and working knowledge of scripting languages such as Rexx.
An ability to understanding data flow, OSA Network interfaces, switches.
Ability to be a part of the teams on call 24/7 rotation.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.