Focus/must have skills for this role: In-Memory Data Grid and Data Integration Platforms Experience
The Systems Engineer is responsible for design, analysis, configuration and maintenance of complex systems software solutions, based on a thorough knowledge of systems engineering and programming concepts and techniques. Systems software engineering/programming is a specialized area of software engineering/programming focused on software that operates/controls computer hardware and provides a platform for running end user applications. Includes operating systems, device drivers, utilities, and software; development tools (e.g., assemblers, compilers, etc.). The Systems Engineer work assignments are varied and frequently require interpretation and independent determination of the appropriate courses of action.
The Systems Engineer develops and/or modifies systems software for use internally, conducts requirements gathering and analysis, writes code using lower-level assembly languages and/or higher-level languages (e.g., C) and translates/compiles into machine language for use on specific hardware, and supports software testing, deployment, and maintenance activities by correcting programming errors and coding software enhancements. Understands department, segment, and organizational strategy and operating objectives, including their linkages to related areas. Makes decisions regarding own work methods, occasionally in ambiguous situations, and requires minimal direction and receives guidance where needed. Follows established guidelines/procedures.
In the fast-paced, ever-growing world of Healthcare, Humana relies on the latest technology and trends for sharing and storing information, communication and security. We need experts in technology to help us operate and maintain our networks, hardware, middleware and software – to ensure our systems run smoothly and efficiently, keep us on the forefront of innovation in healthcare, and retain our competitive edge.
The Systems Engineer – L2 Infrastructure Ops and Services, coordinates day to day operations of middleware Enterprise Technology Platforms, technical planning, quality assurance, configurations, coordinates platform upgrades – installations with engineering & SRE teams, and supports the business operations promptly under L2 Infrastructure Operations department. The Systems Engineer also defines and refines standard operating procedures, operational monitoring & analytics modules, tools for the enterprise, and partners with SRE and Engineering teams to provide direction and modernization strategy advice on complex and dynamic issues.
- Develop documentation, support and best practices for In-Memory Database platforms (GemFire / Redis), data integration platforms (SnapLogic & IBM ACE platforms).
- Monitoring and performance optimizations of platforms and proving help and guidance to application teams as needed.
- Collaborate and interact with Infrastructure, Security, Development and SRE Teams on one side and L3 Engineering team on other side.
- Excellent diagnostic and troubleshooting, ability to identify problems, research solutions, and determine and implement resolutions.
- Drive product and platform innovations, issues resolutions, evaluation of future upgrades & technologies.
- Work on in-memory data grid clusters and Integration related applications.
- Software project and technology planning, consulting with application teams, DevOps, production support -helping resolve their technical issues, and software engineering with real-world hands-on experience in building and deploying applications and technology platforms.
- Makes decisions on moderately complex to complex issues regarding technical approach for project components.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- Overall 3-5years’ experience as an engineer in large IT projects or middleware platform build / operations / support.
- Experience with in-memory database products like GemFire or Redis, and integration tools like SnapLogic or IBM ACE
- Python / Java / UNIX shell scripting knowledge. Experience with Splunk / DynaTrace and Solarwinds logging/monitoring tools
- Experience with Integration related application development technologies and Service Oriented architecture.
- Experience driving product and platform innovations, upgrades and future technologies
- Experience with Application Monitoring and performance optimizations of applications and technology platforms.
- Ability to work with team spread in offshore – onshore model
- Experience with monitoring and reporting automation.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to multitask across multiple technologies preferred
- DevOps exposure/experience.
- Knowledge and experience with cloud / SaaS fundamentals would be a plus
Humana and its subsidiaries require vaccinated associates who work outside of their home to submit proof of vaccination, including COVID-19 boosters. Associates who remain unvaccinated must either undergo weekly negative COVID testing OR wear a mask at all times while in a Humana facility or while working in the field.
• WAH requirements: Must have the ability to provide a high speed DSL or cable modem for a home office. Associates or contractors who live and work from home in the state of California will be provided payment for their internet expense.
• A minimum standard speed for optimal performance of 25×10 (25mpbs download x 10mpbs upload) is required.
• Satellite and Wireless Internet service is NOT allowed for this role.
• A dedicated space lacking ongoing interruptions to protect member PHI / HIPAA information
Scheduled Weekly Hours
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.