In the fast-paced, ever-growing world of Healthcare, Humana relies on the latest technology and trends for sharing and storing information, communication, virtual access, and security. We need experts in technology to help us operate and maintain our networks, hardware, and software for our virtual environments – to ensure our systems run smoothly and efficiently, keep us on the forefront of innovation in healthcare, and retain our competitive edge.
The primary duty of the Systems Engineer 2 involves monitoring, maintaining, operating, and troubleshooting daily Citrix remote access technologies. The professionals must be capable to manage performance and rectify any errors that occur within the Citrix services. They should verify the applications for deployment via Citrix. The role is responsible for taking care of all the administration tools in the Citrix environment. They should have proficiency in ITIL and other IT operations frameworks. The professional should be able to provide all the necessary support for Citrix Infrastructure.
• The Systems Engineer 2 – L2 Infrastructure Ops and Services (Citrix Platform Support), coordinates day to day operations of Citrix Virtual App (XenApp) and Virtual Desktop (XenDesktop) Enterprise Technology Platforms, technical planning, quality assurance, configurations, facilitates platform upgrades – installations while working with engineering & SRE teams, and supports the business operations promptly under L2 Infrastructure Operations department.
• The Systems Engineer 2 also defines and refines standard operating procedures, operational monitoring & analytics modules, tools for the enterprise, and partners with SRE and Engineering teams to provide direction and modernization strategy advice on complex and dynamic issues.
- Manages primarily enterprise Citrix system and associated technologies for Virtual Apps (XenApp) and Virtual Desktops (XenDesktop).
- Monitoring, supporting and supervising XenApp and XenDesktop server farms.
- Monitor the infrastructure that the Citrix farms run.
- Troubleshooting and fixing any technical issues related to Citrix applications by analyzing errors and alerts.
- Managing Windows systems.
- Coordinating, implementing, and communicating system changes for upgrading and updating the system’s applications and associated system changes.
- Monitoring, resizing, and optimizing Windows virtual server environment ensuring smooth operations.
- Providing innovation solutions for user needs and supporting the business.
- Executing helpdesk Level 2 support calls and classifying cases according to their priorities to support users on using Citrix applications.
- Experience managing projects in a large fast-paced environment.
- Must have accessibility to high-speed DSL or cable modem for a home office (satellite internet service is NOT allowed for this role); and a minimum internet connection speed of 10M x 1M.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- Overall 4+ years’ experience as an engineer in large IT Citrix platform build / operations / support.
- Experience driving product and platform innovations, upgrades and future technologies
- Experience with Application Monitoring and performance optimizations of applications, infrastructure, and technology platforms.
- Experience with eG Innovations’ logging/monitoring tools
- Ability to work with team spread in offshore – onshore model
- Experience with monitoring and reporting automation.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to multitask across multiple technologies preferred
- DevOps exposure/experience.
Humana and its subsidiaries require vaccinated associates who work outside of their home to submit proof of vaccination, including COVID-19 boosters. Associates who remain unvaccinated must either undergo weekly negative COVID testing OR wear a mask at all times while in a Humana facility or while working in the field.
• WAH requirements: Must have the ability to provide a high speed DSL or cable modem for a home office. Associates or contractors who live and work from home in the state of California will be provided payment for their internet expense.
• A minimum standard speed for optimal performance of 25×10 (25mpbs download x 10mpbs upload) is required.
• Satellite and Wireless Internet service is NOT allowed for this role.
• A dedicated space lacking ongoing interruptions to protect member PHI / HIPAA information
Scheduled Weekly Hours
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.