In this role you will join a team dedicated to creating and maintaining a stable software environment and ensuring software functionality/compatibility for multiple platforms. To do so you will utilize, develop and/or modify system software installations for our environment. This requires a working knowledge of PowerShell with an understanding of systems engineering and programming concepts and techniques. We seek a candidate to concentrate primarily on macOS and Mac software. You’ll join a close-knit team that makes decisions regarding our own work methods, occasionally in ambiguous situations, that solves problems independently, and receives guidance when needed.
The Systems Engineer 2 is responsible for analysis, configuration, and maintenance of systems software solutions on a variety of platforms, with a special focus on macOS. This requires a thorough knowledge of systems engineering and programming concepts and techniques. Systems software engineering is a specialized area focused on creating and maintaining a stable software environment, compatibilities, and ensuring/validating software functionality for multiple platforms. Includes operating systems, device drivers, utilities, software, applications and development tools. The Systems Engineer 2 work assignments are varied and frequently require interpretation and independent determination of the appropriate courses of action.
- Develops and/or modifies systems software installations for use internally, conducts requirements gathering and analysis, writes code/script utilizing command-line shell, scripting languages and object-oriented programming languages.
- Automates/customizes software installations and supports software testing, deployment, and maintenance activities by correcting programming errors and coding software enhancements.
- Proficiency in Windows and macOS based platforms (as well as Citrix and Application Servers)
- Understands department, segment, and organizational strategy and operating objectives, including their linkages to related areas.
- Engages support teams to assist in the resolution of issues, perform root cause analysis to prevent future occurrence of issues.
- Makes decisions regarding own work methods, occasionally in ambiguous situations, requires minimal direction and receives guidance where needed.
- Follows established guidelines/procedures with accuracy.
- 3 or more years as a Systems Engineer in design, analysis, configuration and maintenance of complex systems software solutions, based on a thorough knowledge of systems engineering and programming concepts and techniques
- Experience Includes operating systems, device drivers, utilities, software, applications and development tools
- Experience and proficiency with PowerShell
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
- Experience and proficiency with macOS and JAMF
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or equivalent education and work experience
- Familiarity of PSADT
- Experience with virtualization and/or containerization technologies (Hyper-V, VMware, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Configuration Manager
- Working knowledge of Power BI, SSRS, or equivalent BI tools
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative, and agile environment
- Working knowledge of Linux
Scheduled Weekly Hours
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.