The job of the Systems Engineer is to provide onsite support for multiple manned aerial ISR platforms to our customers at CONUS and OCONUS locations. We are looking for motivated self-starters who want to join a team dedicated to excellence and continuous progress. Selected candidates will participate in engineering activities at any point in the system development life cycle including: systems analysis/requirements definition, design, development, integration, testing, acceptance/deployment, sustainment/maintenance, and evaluation. Experience with Full Motion Video, Hyperspectral, and EO/IR systems required. 50% Travel OCONUS.
- Will collect, maintain, organize, and compile technical data for the aircraft and sensor systems and lifecycle management.
- Capable of providing preliminary solutions to a variety of problems that may arise in an expeditious, efficient, and timely manner.
- Become familiar with and utilize the established configuration management, safety and quality assurance processes.
- Servicing of airborne imaging sensors and systems infrastructure, as well as, depot level assembly, integration and testing of components.
- Perform moderately complex duties in administering network and operating systems, including installing, configuring, testing, maintaining and troubleshooting assigned devices and software.
- Assignments will be performed independently and reported to supervisor, team lead, or other more senior staff on a regular basis.
- This job may monitor, and otherwise assist lower level service technicians. This job may include any aspect of field support, and is not limited to system hardware and software, PCs, and networking.
To be considered for this position candidates must:
- Be able to obtain a passport or visa to travel CONUS and OCONUS
- Be willing to work in Hardship and Hazardous locations
- Be willing to work long hours and / or non-regular hours with minimal notice
- Be capable of working independently or as part of a team
- Possess or be able to obtain a FAA Class III Medical Certificate or military equivalent
- Be able to successfully accomplish the CONUS Replacement Center course
- Be willing to fly for extended periods
- Be capable of lifting and carrying 80+ lbs for extended distances
- BS degree and 2+ years of related experience. Additional years of experience may be used in lieu of a degree.
- Troubleshooting proficiency is required.
- Basic understanding of IT principles and practices required
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint).
- Possess strong problem-solving, organizational, and verbal/written communication skills.
- Candidate must be willing and able to spend months at a time OCONUS performing field repairs and maintenance of systems and avionics mounted on an aircraft.
- Must have an active Secret security clearance.
- Must have a current CompTIA Security + certification
- Experience with DoD avionics, to include but not limited to, communication, navigation, COMSEC, and aircraft survivability equipment repair and modification.
- Broad technology experience in systems engineering, ISR sensors, requirements tracking, testing and validation. "Hands-on" experience developing systems for Airborne ISR programs and sensors.
- Experience must include an understanding of basic electronics principles and theory and must be proficient with test equipment.
- Advanced experience/knowledge of IT principles and practices strongly desired.
- Prior military Airborne ISR and flight operations experience strongly desired.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin’s Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.