Remote Work: No
At Zebra, we’re reinventing how businesses operate at the enterprise edge – helping them run faster, smarter, and more connected than ever before.
A dynamic community of Conceptualizers, leaders and problem solvers, we each play a unique role – shaping new technologies, bringing solutions to market, and partnering with companies on the front line of business.
Build Today. Create Tomorrow.
Become a leader at a leading company.
Become a Zebra.
As the Principal Systems Engineer, you will participate in the product development process from concept to product launch. The emphasis will be on defining the solution that will be consistent with customer, industry, and regulatory requirements. You will be responsible for the design of the system and validating its integrity. Their contribution will ensure that the product at the sub-system and system level meets or exceeds performance targets, meets high quality standards, and will maintain performance targets under manufacturing process variation at high volume.
You will possess a solid analytical and practical knowledge of systems spanning electrical, software/OS, mechanical, RF, audio, and wireless design and an understanding of a hardware development process.
- Architects, designs, and supports developing, and testing of system solutions to several highly complex technical projects. Creates system specifications for the projects. Leads technology roadmap process. Recommends project approach and goals on the program.
- Will be responsible for analyzing abstract ideas and converting them into a potential system solution
- Defines the expected customer experience from different customer personas, which includes customer use cases
- Serves as the project spokesperson on specialized projects or programs. Represent the organization as the principal technical contact.
- Work in the agile development process to release products in a timely fashion
- Collaborate with the software team in software design and implementation
- Champions conceptual and new thinking and creativity in team members to cultivate and retain top talent.
- Serves as organization spokesperson on specialized projects or programs.
- Supervises the activities of others.
- Coaches and mentors others on how to effectively develop, communicate, and implement new solutions.
- Prioritizes quality and seeks out improvements in all aspects of the projects.
- Maintains keen awareness of competitor products and development direction to help direct designs to surpass the competition. Defines technical competitive intelligence strategy.
- Uses status as a developer of novel and creative solutions to build business and bring positive
- attention to technologies and services.
- With other engineering disciplines, develops next generation ideas and solutions taking into account competitors in order to meet/except customer expectations.
- Analyzes competitor features and performance and participates in activities related to protecting Zebra intellectual property.
- Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Participates in creating formal networks involving coordination among cross functional teams and groups within Zebra Technologies.
- Acts as prime consultant on large projects that affect the organization’s long-term goals and objectives.
This job is Hybrid and can be performed from Hauppauge , NY, Lincolnshire, IL or Mississauga, Canada locations.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering and 9+ years of related experience
- Able to clearly communicate complex concepts to broadly diverse audiences and guide both local and remote teams in achieving their goals.
- Experienced in defining system requirements from complex customer use cases.
- Strong ability to present detailed information at the appropriate level.
- Master's degree and 6+ years related experience.
- Successfully held a recent role as a System Engineering role working on a product development effort that ultimately led to a successful Market launch/customer delivery
- Background in complex Software Projects, understanding of Android OS concepts
- Recent hands-on experience in the full lifecycle (cradle to grave) development of Enterprise class productivity devices and/or the associated application ecosystem is highly desirable
- Working knowledge of the Agile development process
- Experience in hardware design and implementation
- Experience in Android HAL, Framework, Security, and Applications.
- Recent working knowledge of latest wireless technologies spanning: (i.e.) 4G/LTE/5G NR, GNSS/UWB, Wi-Fi/802.11(x), NFC, HF/UHF-RFID, Bluetooth/BLE.
- Multiple languages are a plus
Zebra is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, ancestry, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance in applying for a position, please contact us at email@example.com.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here: https://www.zebra.com/content/dam/zebra/compliance/eeoisthelawposter.pdf. The EEO is the Law poster supplement is available here: https://www.zebra.com/content/dam/zebra/compliance/ginasupplement.pdf.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Zebra Total Rewards includes more than just pay and is structured to meet the needs of our changing global business and evolving talent. We are committed to providing our employees with a benefits program that is comprehensive and competitive – including healthcare, wellness, inclusion networks, and continued learning and development offerings. We offer community service days, in addition to the traditional insurances, compensation, parental leave, employee assistance program and paid time off offerings depending on the country where you work.
Salary: USD 124800.00 – USD 187200.00 Yearly
Salary offered will vary depending on your location, job-related skills, knowledge, and experience.
Additionally, all Zebra roles are eligible for cash incentive programs. For example, sales roles have additional opportunity to earn substantial variable compensation tied to quota achievement. In most other roles, the Zebra annual cash incentive program links Company and individual performance together. Some roles may also be eligible for long-term incentive equity awards.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.