At Memorial Hermann, we're about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Position responsible for programming complex computer applications and systems in support of development projects and business objectives. Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and skills required in a large, complex corporate Information System. A working knowledge of mainframe, minicomputer, or microcomputer operations, equipment, operating systems, development tools and methodologies is required. The Senior Application Programmer Analyst reports directly to the Manager, and may works under the guidance of the Lead Application Analyst.
The Senior Application Programmer Analyst applies technical skills, in line with MH's values and goals, to assure the efficient, effective and consistent delivery of high quality services. The Senior Application Programmer Analyst is responsible for demonstrating a commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating both Behaviors and Operating Principles in all internal and external customer interactions. Performs duties with accountability, competency, innovation, collaboration, compassion and respect to create the best possible outcomes with exceptional customer experiences.Job Description
Education: Bachelors degree or four (4) years of industry experience in lieu of degree
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Demonstrates broad technical knowledge and strong problem solving abilities
- Advanced Programming knowledge and skills
- Experience assisting other programmers
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Good communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of "we advance health" through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Performs design, coding, debugging, testing and implementation tasks for the intermediate level computer programs and systems, providing assistance to other programmer when required.
- Completes service requests/projects according to established schedules and timeframes.
- Addresses and resolves user issues.
- Develops an understanding of user terminology.
- Provides customer support to both internal and external customers.
- Serves as a primary team contributor and sets team participation example for others.
- Develops an understanding of ISD solution segments.
- Develops and implements program documentation.
- Adheres to technical programming and application standards.
- Conducts meetings.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education, skills competency, supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor, and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.