. Please contact ******************** if you need further instruction on how to do that.
Technology | Santa Monica, CA | Full Time
At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, millions of visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
What You’re ing For:
Define, design and develop any software system around the Edmunds user experience balancing urgency, business processes, system quality and innovation. Breakdown technical challenges into their component parts. Do your best work with a distributed team centered out of a Santa Monica office
– Deep understanding. You know that by the time your team has escalated a problem to you, it likely involves balancing complex interests in order to be resolved.
– Passion for learning: You will not be restricted in what problems will be addressed by your pre-existing mix of skill-sets.
– Openness to improvement: You get better through feedback. You seek opportunities for that feedback all throughout the organization, but especially rely on your team.
– Multi Paradigm: you understand the pros and cons of both Object Oriented Programming and Functional Programming, and when to use each.
– Engineering: You apply math, process, experience and imagination to the invention, improvement and maintenance of robust and scalable systems that delight your users.
– Recognition of done: You believe that work is complete when it is live, making your users lives better, tested to protect your business and instrumented for when things go wrong.
– Communication: You know that the best solutions require constructively and persuasively expressing ideas amongst people with diverse interests and have the confidence to bring your experience to the arena.
– Influence: You know how to identify the key choices and bring your credibility and persuasiveness to bear making sure that they are resolved.
– Leadership: You have run or can demonstrate running a team of 2-5 engineers to deliver high-quality software
– Architecture: Experience building distributed systems, with a good understanding of the positives and tradeoffs of building such systems. You can identify and articulate best practices, and know what defenses need to be in place to write resilient systems.
– Operations: Proficient with Linux, Git, Docker, Gradle, Jenkins, AWS, Load Testing and Integration Testing. You always look for ways to automate parts of the SDLC so that your team can spend more time building great applications.
– Ownership: Have owned several projects from requirements analysis, to deployment, and continuing operation in production.
– Support: Have designed systems for high-availability. Experienced in troubleshooting live applications through a variety of data sources. Follows-up to ensure not only that the troubleshooting effort succeeds, but lessons learned are evangelized throughout engineering.
– Mentorship: You have made your teammates better through mentoring and influencing technical standards. Actively participates in code reviews to make software better. You have also presented best practices to wider audiences
Working @ ***********:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Fortune Magazine and Great Places to Work, LA Business Journal (for the last 6 years!), Computerworld, and Built in LA. We’ve also been identified as one of the best workplaces specifically in Technology and also for Diversity and Asian Americans. In fact, our CEO, Avi Steinlauf, was rated as one of Glassdoor’s Highest Rated CEOs! If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.
Return to ***********
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.