Technical Lead – Infrastructure Open Source Enablement
– Job ID #: 12804
– Job Category: Marketing & Communications
– Employment Type: Experienced Professionals
– Division: Infrastructure
– Department: Infrastructure Marketing
– Primary Country: USA
– Primary Location: San Jose (CA)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.Job Description
With offices around the world, Arm is a dynamic community of dedicated, creative, and highly talented engineers. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we support our people to share their unusual contributions to Arm’s success in the global marketplace.
Open-source software is an essential component of our enterprise server and networking strategies. With growing adoption of the Arm architecture, the demand for software is rapidly growing. As a Technical Lead in the Enterprise Software Enablement team you, will be defining and executing strategies to drive Arm’s investment in collaborative development and the ongoing maintenance our relationship with those communities.
You will work with the Director of Open-Source Enablement who leads your team, which owns the strategy and execution for Arm in the enterprise market.
WHAT WILL YOU BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR?
As Arm grows so do opportunities for technical leadership. This is a highly visible role within Arm and a superb opportunity to act as a key spokesperson for the Arm partnership within the open-source software community. In this role within the Infrastructure/Enterprise team, you will:
– You will develop and execute effective strategies to establish first-tier status for the Arm architecture
– In this role will serve as a leader with a point of view capable of influencing communities in support of alternate architectures
– Drive self-sustaining programs to empower developers with the information and tools necessary to effectively target Arm-based platforms
– Efficiently collaborate with the Arm ecosystem and partners to gather and prioritize requirements for software enablement
– Effectively communicate with a diverse mix of people via presentations, white papers, blogs, social media and developer channels on behalf of the Arm partnership
– Developing methodologies to build developer engagement and ecosystem health
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
– A consistent record of analyzing, developing, testing and delivering software for the enterprise space, including a detailed working knowledge of open-source development tools, processes, build systems, packaging, continuous integration and test methodologies.
– Demonstrated delivery of strategies, communication and execution necessary to establish architecture choices within appropriate communities and projects
– You have a deep understanding of open-source practices, communities and technologies, balancing the internal needs of Arm with those of the community
– Consistent track record of developer engagement through hackathons, meetups, blogs and tech talks
– Effective and creative communication skills – we are looking for you to demonstrate both your ability to work well with team members, partners and developer communities and your creativity with messaging, Arm’s strategy, and showcasing progress in support of outbound marketing teams and industry events
– Outstanding analytical and critical thinking skills to identify areas of focus and prioritization across a diverse set of requirements
– Experience collaborating directly with architects and technology leads of internal and external software development teams to deliver your projects
– Experience working in a global environment with diverse cultures
DO YOU WANT TO IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES?
Show us your high-level understanding of the Enterprise Server and Networking segment software
– Highlight successes you have had where you worked unsupervised, yet as an integral part of a globally distributed team to enable open-source software adoption
– Accept the requirement to travel since at least 25% of this role may involve international travel
At Arm, we are proud to have core beliefs that reflect our open culture and guide our decisions. Our beliefs define how we work together, and how we evaluate you. Here is a preview:
We, not I: Take daily responsibility to make the global Arm community thrive. Realize that we win when we collaborate and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress: Difficult things can take unexpected directions; stick with it. The essence of progress is that it can’t stop; grow with it and lead your own progress.
Be your brilliant self: Be quirky not egocentric. Make trust our default position.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
– Annual Bonus Plan
– Discretionary Cash Awards
– 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings
– Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only, shared cost for dependents
– Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD & D)
– Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance
– Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more.
– Holidays, 13 days per year
– Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service
– Sick Leave, 7 days per year
– Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM)
– Office location dependent: caf on site, fitness facilities, team and social events
– Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel Accident Program & Commuter programs.
ARM, Inc. (USA) participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to ******************** About Arm
Arm technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm’s success in the global marketplace.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.