What are we building next?
The next generation of NOS architecture – hardware and software that aligns with SDN, is highly modular and programmable, supports modern software principles and distributed system constructs, and works at hyper scale. This while making it super simple for customers to deploy and maintain. Some people are calling it the plug-and-play of networking.
Are you a good fit?
It’s an exciting time to work with a new project in CSG XR group. We are looking for strong, talented and energetic engineers and technical leaders with following skills:
1. Exposure to Open Source software and contributions to the Open Source community.
2. Strong background in C/C++, good knowledge of programming on Linux OS.
3. Comfortable with Linux platform bring up, system architecture and design.
4. System software development with exposure to MIPS, PPC and x86 architectures.
5. Excellent background in profiling in an embedded environment and improving runtime performance.
6. Work in an Agile development environment where the team is empowered and accountable for delivery (development & test) of quality software.
7. For test, an inclination to understand customer deployments (optical DCI and CDN/Peering) in addition to functional automation is a key attribute
8. Ability to learn and utilize diverse programming language (e.g. python, GO) as part of the development process.
9. Good understanding / experience of platform infrastructure:
Device drivers (fabric, control Ethernet , FPGA drivers, optics , BIOS etc..) ,
10. Good understanding / experience of platform infrastructure: — disk drivers, Power management, Chassis management etc.
How we work?
How we work:
Fast, Agile and Perfect
Customers are now demanding features turned around in weeks, see them work in their labs and deploy them in an Agile manner; enhance the implementation based on field feedback and so on. You need to be excited about understanding the requirement, design and code them to deliver a quick early drop, and be agile to refine it based on real field feedback to make it ready for deployment. In all of this, top focus is a must on the aspect of quality, so that our Customers do not lose time and money during their deployment and Operations.
Outcome based and Customer focus
Cisco wins when the customer wins and makes money, after deploying your new implementation! This needs very close Customer engagement right from understanding their requirement/deployment scenarios, iteratively seek feedback both ways and pro-actively and quickly turn around any questions or issues customers find – to enable them deploy and win quickly!
Empowered Teams, Fun and Open Culture
Each team decides collectively on the best options to help the customer situation in an empowered manner. We celebrate Customer wins and milestone achievements and relish our hard work that made it happen! – Many times with the Customers.
Engineers have the flexibility to work across multiple technology components with soft-component ownership that enhances their learning potential.
Engineers are encouraged to up-skill by various means like: develop prototypes for innovations and new trends, contribute to open source communities, participate and deliver tech-talks.
WIFM – What’s In It For Me?
1. Build your expertise on the best-in-class modular, fully distributed, highly available, highly secure network operating system and routing platform
2. Work directly with the top customers like Google, Facebook, Comcast, Microsoft, AT & T, NTT, British Telecom, etc and learn how the world of Edge and Core networking is evolving
3. Evolve IOS-XR into the new Virtualized world and be part of the journey to drive the Customers towards enabling of Virtualized Cloud based Network Services
4. Lines between networking software (NOS) and application software are blurred since networking is just another application in modern times. Differentiate yourself by going above and beyond plain app software development.
5. Become an Agile expert
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.