Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking a Technical Program Manager – Embedded Software. This position requires an experienced professional with a proven track record of excellence and managerial achievement. The candidate is an accomplished program/project manager and/or systems engineer of embedded software in complex electronic control units, with strong organizational capabilities and the ability to influence and coordinate with talented engineering teams and stakeholders, for seamless technical program development. The candidate communicates effectively to ensure each individual team member remains aware of the most relevant program milestones, and delivery expectations placed by the vehicle program team. Critical issues are promptly identified and brought up to senior management alongside a concise action plan. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly, and to strive for efficient progression within a fast-paced and complex work environment.
- Accompanies vehicle programs from the conceptual design phase to the start of production, including series maintenance and model changes.
- Manages the technical development program of embedded software of complex electronic control products and processes; including support and coordination for testing, integration, verification, and validation processes, as well as a sample- and prototype construction.
- Designs and implements effective program management processes and best practices from initiation to completion in partnership with the engineering areas, stakeholders, and suppliers.
- Researches, evaluates, and benchmarks industry standards and methodologies, looking forward to a continuous improvement on the deliveries to the program.
- Executes solid root-cause analysis with the ability to identify and predict possible deviations related to product architecture- or any other technical change.
- Proactively evaluates the design and engineering decisions, making sure they don’t cause any gap in correlation with the program schedule.
- Expedites revisions, corrections, and implementation of necessary changes to previously published documentation.
- Manages end-to-end project plans and takes ownership of technical implementations, ensuring a successful launch.
- Fosters strong cross-dimensional partnerships and is able to effectively prioritize workload demands to meet project deadlines.
- Eagers to learn about new technologies in order to drive constant optimization efforts in collaboration with the engineering areas.
- Leads communication and escalation of priority topics to all corresponding TIER1 suppliers, by including internal stakeholders like supplier quality, purchasing, etc.
- 3+ years of experience in technical program/project management of ECUs’ software/system development.
- 5+ years of professional experience in the automotive industry.
- A proven track record of development and delivery of technical products.
- Experience in automotive development processes, including design reviews, change management i.e. ECR evaluation with the supplier(s), deviation requests, etc.
- Proficiency in AUTOSAR architecture.
- Experience with software verification, validation, and integration processes.
- Knowledge of automotive and safety standards (e.g. ASPICE, ISO26262, etc.)
- Experience in mobile, embedded, and firmware systems as a hands-on driving leader.
- Individual contributor design and development of complex electronic control units are highly valued.
- Experience with automotive communication and diagnostics protocols (e.g. Ethernet, CAN, LIN, FlexRay, etc.).
- Experience with Agile/Scrum/Sprint methodologies.
- Experience building, developing and managing highly effective program management tools and processes.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work in a high-paced highly complex cross-functional environment.
- Excellent organization and delegation skills with the ability to own the product roadmap and schedule with a track record of delivering projects on time.
- Ability to inspire confidence in the executive members as well as the engineering project teams.
- Ability to quickly comprehend complex problems and effectively facilitate the team to a decision and coordinate the action plan.
- Solid root-cause analysis sense with the ability to correlate e.g. product architecture modifications to technical changes.
- Solid skills in evaluation and criticism of engineering decisions and changes.
- Available for frequent business travel within and outside of the US.
- Experience with platform software development.
- Experience with hardware-related system development (e.g. wiring harness systems, vehicle architecture, etc.)
- Experience with Attlassian Software (JIRA , Confluence).
- BS or MS in Software/Electronics Engineering, or equivalent. A Master’s degree is highly valued.
- Project Management training. PMP certificate is highly valued.
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity – we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.