What you ll be doing…
This role is for a project manager who will manage the implementation
of IT projects to support existing and new Federal contracts,
primarily EIS. The employee will be on the business side, and will
liaise with IT project managers and developers. Development is done in
an agile environment, so work is fast paced and challenging. In
addition to PM work, talented individuals may be chosen to participate
in RFP reviews to capture custom development requirements, as well as
maintain system source data in complex spreadsheets.
Candidate will be responsible for:
* Project managing multiple IT projects at any given time
* Interfacing with IT counterparts and speaking their lingo
* Hosting project calls, touchpoints, solution reviews, user story
* Defining user stories for IT, based on translating complicated
requirements out of customer solicitations and RFPs, then opening
those stories in Jira (or equivalent)
* Understanding the entire system architecture in order to help IT
brainstorm solutions to very complex challenges
* Quickly understanding current business processes, then determining
and implementing process improvements that align with system
* Performing testing of new development, and opening bugs as
* Preparing user guides for user communities, and answering
questions from helpdesk personnel
* Documenting lessons learned and other valuable information in
knowledge sharing tools such as Confluence
* Capturing and calculating business benefits, both quantitative and
* Maintaining certain source documentation such as mapping documents
and complex spreadsheets
What we re looking for…
You ll need to have:
* Associate s degree or two or more years of work experience.
* Three or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
* Bachelor s degree
* Ability to read and understand system flow diagrams
* Expertise in Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel
* Creative, analytical, organized, detail-oriented, team-focused,
self-motivated and autonomous
* An interest in learning and growing coding languages, DB designs,
table structures, queries such as SQL, etc.
When you join Verizon…
You ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people,
transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each
other. Beyond powering America s fastest and most reliable network,
we re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions,
Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video
entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits,
but we re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft
your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures
or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our
employees’ differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and
Veteran status. Different makes us better.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.