JOB SUMMARY: The Technology Project Manager position is responsible for proactively managing the technical installation and maintenance requests for clients, and the internal Securitas teams. The Technology Project Manager is part technical support engineer, part customer champion, and part relationship manager for a defined group of post implementation customer accounts. The Technology Project Manager has three overlapping responsibilities:
• Technical Support
• Project Management
• Account Management
Success in this role requires the ability to resolve technical problems, provide answers to detailed security systems configuration questions, interface with and coordinate outsourced and in-house installation and maintenance support teams, triage technical problems and coordinate the remediation response, be the single point of contact for post-sale security systems issues, communicate effectively with all parties involved in a project.
Maintain high level of programming knowledge in Access Control, Video Security, Intrusion Alarm installation and related technologies. In addition, you will be required to provide service and support for IP based Access Control, Video Security Systems and related equipment. You will be required to work with clients and subcontractors to ensure that all projects are completed on time and on budget. You will be required to identify anomalies early in a project installation and rectify with urgency.
Technical Project Managers also develop a consistent long-term partnership with customers to ensure they remain successful and realize the full value of their investment. This includes management of security systems installations, and on-going coordination of their maintenance.
• The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job or position. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. An associate might or might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
• All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
• Associates are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
• In performing functions, duties or tasks, associates are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Associates are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
• All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, associates are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
1. Manages and directs the work of Securitas subcontract labor to ensure completion of installation projects, including verification that job site is ready for commencement of project and that subcontractors maintain appropriate schedule and perform work properly.
2. Plans and organize acceptance of installation project by customer, ensuring system functionality and customer satisfaction.
3. Ensures that all assigned installation projects are handled properly in accordance with Securitas Technology policies and procedures, are timely completed, and are completed in accordance with budget.
4. Proactively manage maintenance contracts, serve as single point of contact for customer issues
5. Document, track, and support compliance with Service Level Agreements
6. Drive issue resolution using standard process/procedures in coordination with supporting resources
7. Assists with other technical support issues, as needed, including response to service calls.
8. Proactively manage, measure and track customer tickets to ensure their timely resolution
9. Provide timely status updates, root-cause analysis and strategies to address issues.
10. Escalate issues as appropriate. Apply fundamental troubleshooting skills to issues before escalating to the appropriate group
11. Ensure ticket data is accurate and regularly updated (statuses, owners, other data elements)
12. Provide assistance to other team members.
13. Recognize revenue opportunities and coordinate with the Technology Sales Engineer
14. Complete other tasks as assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AT ENTRY
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
• High School/GED; 4 year degree is preferred.
• At least 5 years' experience with security system installations including Access Control and Video Security System.
• Technical background in Video security systems, access control, and electronic technology (low voltage), IP and Analog.
• Understanding of job safety practices
• Must be proficient in using Project Management software (i.e. Microsoft Project)
Competencies (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or testing):
• General knowledge in Microsoft Office Programs including, but not limited to: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook
• Operational knowledge of basic office equipment including telephones, fax machines, printers, and copiers
• Familiarity with standard office procedures and practices
• Excellent planning, organization and time management skills
• Ability to carry out multiple assignments concurrently
• Skill in clear and concise oral and written communication
• Strong customer service and results orientation
• Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures
• Ability to be an effective team member and handle project assignments responsibly
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagrammatic, or schedule form
• A willingness to learn is essential as the position adapts to changes in the organization
Working Conditions and Physical/Mental Demands
With or without reasonable accommodation, a candidate must have the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions described. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
• Maintaining composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff and the public, occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations
• Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, controlled substance testing, and behavioral selection survey
• Handling and being exposed to sensitive and confidential information
• Required ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently
• Computer usage
• Regular talking and hearing
• Close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus
• Frequent sitting, standing and walking, any of which may be required for long periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines
• Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving of 25 pounds or more
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule and additional hours, as needed
Securitas employees come from all walks of life, bringing with them a variety of distinctive skills and perspectives. United through our common purpose, we provide the security needed to safeguard our clients' assets and people. Our core values – Integrity, Vigilance and Helpfulness – are represented by the three red dots in the Securitas logo. If you live by these values, we're looking for you to join the Securitas team.
About the Team
Our Company Mission:
Securitas' mission is to protect homes, workplaces, and communities by providing the security services they need to protect their assets, safeguard their people, and maintain their ability to generate profits.
Securitas' core values – Integrity, Vigilance and Helpfulness – are the foundation for our employees to build trust with customers, colleagues, and the surrounding community.
Securitas employees are honest and trusted by customers to safeguard their premises and valuables. We don't compromise on integrity and create an open forum for our employees and customers to voice opinions, report improprieties, and share information.
Seeing, hearing, and evaluating. A Securitas employee is always attentive and often notices things that others don't. Their vigilance is necessary in order to be aware of potential risks or incidents that may take place on our customers' premises.
As part of an on-going effort to ensure safety, Securitas employees are always ready to help if an incident occurs that requires intervention regardless of whether or not it is directly related to their job.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.