We are currently seeking an experienced Information Technology Project Manager to work with our Project Management Office with experience in managing information technology projects such as Cisco datacenter architectures and implementations, Aruba AP deployments, and Microsoft Office 365 migrations, to name just a few of the many jobs that we do. This Project Manager will be responsible for all aspects of projects assigned including Stakeholder Management, Communication Management, Scope Management, Schedule Management, Financial Management, Risk Management, Staffing Management & Quality Management.
The Project Manager is to act as a client advocate that must fully understand and fulfil client expectations within the terms of the contract, drive accountability to deadlines and capture additional revenue in the form of change orders while maintaining strong rapport with our customers. The ability to adapt and form productive relationships with both internal and external Stakeholders is essential.
What Your Typical Day Will Be:
- Management of all phases of projects including initiating, planning, executing, monitoring, controlling & closing.
- Review and understand all project documents including RFP’s, RFQ’s, RFI’s, SOWs, technical & design documents, project plans and project schedules prior to executing any project.
- Execute existing Project Plans in accordance with all subordinate plans including but not limited to communication management, scope management, change management, schedule management, quality management and staffing management plans.
- Create new and revise existing Project Plans and subordinate plans as needed including but not limited to Communication Management, Scope Management, Change Management, Schedule Management, Quality Management and Staffing Management plans.
- Management of internal project staff to complete all related tasks.
- Mange all project deliverables from initiating to closing.
- Continuously and proactively monitor all active projects to manage budgets, timelines, milestones and deliverables.
- Provide scheduled reports to both internal and external Stakeholders regarding cost and schedule performance and when needed strategies to correct variances.
- Initiate and administer all internal and external project meetings including kick off, closeout and recurring status meetings.
- Work closely with Project Coordinators and / or Accounts Receivable team to insure timely and accurate billing of all projects
- Working closely with Sales, IT & Scheduling teams to insure adequate capacity planning and project execution.
- Work closely with the IT Management and dispatch team to continuously monitor and report changing resource demands to proactively train and staff for future projects
- Other duties as assigned
What You Bring To The Table:
- Excellent customer presentation and communications skills.
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills.
- A minimum of five (5) years of technical Project Management and team management experience
- As a technology generalist you should understand a variety of network infrastructure technologies including servers, storage, core, edge, route, wireless & security. You should feel comfortable holding engineers accountable to specific technical deliverables and capture additional revenue in the form of change orders to address scope creep.
- Ability to plan, organize, direct and control work activity demonstrating proficiency in PMI methodologies and management of all IT related projects. Individual projects may range from smaller jobs lasting several days to large projects lasting 12 months or more.
- Ability to manage and successfully adapt to changing and competing demands based on client needs and resource constraints.
- Skilled in Microsoft Suite Tool set including Excel & MS Project.
- Ability to travel to site to meet with clients as needed.
- Must meet all requirements to obtain a Federal Transportation Workers Identification Card (TWIC)
- PMP (Project Management Professional)
- PMI-ACP (Agile Certified Practitioner)
- Bachelor’s degree, equivalent corporate or military training in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field.
- Applicable certifications for technical knowledge and product-specific skills. Cisco, HPE, Aruba, Fortinet. For example – CCNA, CCNP, HPE ATP, HPE ASE, ACSA, ACSP, ACMA, ACMP, ACCA, ACCP, NSE 1-8, etc.
Compensation range: $100,000.00/yr. – $130,000.00/yr.
VectorUSA is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
To apply for this job please visit vonq.io.