Technical Solutions Architect job description at VMware
– Life at VMWare
– Engineering & Technology
– University & Recent Grads
– Services & Consulting
– Client Support
– General & Administrative
– Business Strategy & Operations
City, State/Province, ZIP
Search radiusRadius5 miles15 miles25 miles35 miles50 milesGO
Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Services and Consulting
Services and Consulting
Technical Solutions Architect
Save this jobRemove Job
Job ID R******
We are innovators in technology and services that help our global customers succeed in their digital transformation. Our focus areas include recommending architectures, best practices and operational strategies with respect to DevOps and Cloud Native Applications, Multi-Cloud, IoT and Data Analytics, Blockchain and Network Function Virtualization. We are looking for innovative, full-stack software engineers that will take responsibility for thought leadership, implementation and professional service strategies in all of these areas. Members of our team must: have strong problem-solving abilities; be able to work both at high and low levels of detail; have excellent communication skills with technical and executive level audiences. and have experience successfully leading software and product implementations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
– Ability to work closely with developers, business leadership, release management and infrastructure specialists on defining use cases and recommended architectures involving any of our focus areas.
– Support development of professional services intellectual property through early adopter customer engagements and special project initiatives.
– Create demonstrative systems for validating and communicating recommended architectures, use case proofs and field enablement.
– Maintain expertise in the area of architecture, including industry trends, strategies, and products.
– Continuously evaluate and recommend improvements to recommended architectures, processes and strategies involving the key areas of focus.
– Effectively develop and communicate technical solutions to unique, early adopter driven use cases.
– Identify opportunities for new business and customer base expansion.
– BA/BS degree in engineering, computer science or related field or equivalent education and experience.
– Experience with VMware vSphere.
– Proven track record with a minimum of 5 years software/computer engineering experience.
– At least 6 months of structured software development experience, preferably with current languages like Go, Python, R, Ruby or Java and preferably using Agile software development methods.
– Flexible, continuous learner and knowledge sharer, excellent communicator, works well in team environment, appreciates challenge, comfortable and effective working in new areas that require experimentation and rapid problem solving.
– Available and willing to travel globally.
– This position may be located anywhere in the world and does not require relocation.
– Experience with software development life cycle.
– Experience in Machine Learning.
– A year or more of experience architecting and building production products or integrated solutions leveraging SRE and DevOps principles and tooling.
– Experience with container technology such as Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry, etc.
– Experience with cloud platforms including: vSphere, OpenStack, AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.
Join our CareerHub
Living and Working in Austin
Explore more about this opportunity’s location.
Our passion, culture, and shared values are the driving force behind everything we do as we dare to reach our goals every day. EPIC2 represents what we stand for as a company.what it means to us
We strive to make a difference in our communities and provide support for our employees as they go out and change the world. service learning
Celebrating our People
At VMware, we foster a culture that’s welcoming and supportive, where great people will want to work and thrive long term. learn more
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.
Get the latest career opportunities as soon as they become available.
YOUR EMAIL ADDRESSInterested InEnter category and/or location, then click ADD. You must have at least one alert to sign up.
Sub CategorySub CategorySoftware EngineeringField SalesSystems EngineeringTechnical SupportInside SalesProduct Dev ManagementConsultantProduct ManagementUI Development and DesignTechnical Account ManagementInformation SecurityQuality EngineeringProject ManagementOther FinanceInternshipsOther MarketingServices SalesSite ReliabilitySolutions ArchitectBusiness Operations AnalystProduct Dev MarketingDesktop SystemsAlliance ManagementProgram ManagementOther HRAccountingCustomer SupportInformation SystemsTechnical WritingLegal CounselServices ManagementSales AdministrationSales OperationsBusiness DevelopmentBusiness ProcessFacilitiesSystems AnalystTalent AcquisitionBusiness Operations ManagementComputer Operations SupportData AnalyticsField EnablementNetwork EngineeringAdministrative SupportField MarketingPurchasingRelease ManagementStrategic PlanningApplications AdministrationAuditData ScienceEmployee RelationsHR ManagementPartner ProgramsSystems IntegrationBenefitsDigital MarketingHRISMarketing ManagementProduct MarketingProduct SupportADD
– Services and Consulting, Austin, Texas, United StatesRemove
– Contact Us
– Site Index
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Copyright 2018 VMware, Inc. All rights reserved.
FORTUNE and FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For are registered trademarks of Time Inc. and are used under license. From FORTUNE Magazine, March 1, 2018. 2018 Time Inc. Used under license. FORTUNE and Time Inc. are not affiliated with and do not endorse products and services of VMware.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.