Posting date 7 hours ago(10/11/2018 3:24 AM)
Job ID 62171
Category Technical Support
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Global Support Services team is looking for a Technical Support Engineer in Denver, CO. In this role, you’ll assist enterprise subscription customers by investigating, troubleshooting, and resolving issues they experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) and related offerings, like Satellite, Cluster, Container, and Directory Server. Unlike most software companies, we don’t sell software licenses or ‘break-fix’ pay-per-incident support. Instead, we sell subscriptions to enterprise customers that include an unlimited number of support incidents, product documentation, security patches and updates, and upgrades to the latest versions of our software. As a Technical Support Engineer, you’ll provide value to customers by investigating, troubleshooting, and resolving issues with Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) and layered products, primarily over the phone and online. Passing the Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) exam within 120 days of starting is required.
Primary job responsibilities
* Provide technical support to customers by taking incoming calls and responding to web-based and chat inquiries
* Investigate, troubleshoot, and develop solutions for problems customers are experiencing
* Exceed customer expectations by providing and outstanding customer experience
* Ensure customers realize maximum value from their subscriptions
* Regularly collaborate with in-house support engineers and developers to produce creative solutions and improve customer satisfaction
* Contribute to global Red Hat knowledge management system
* 3+ years of Linux or UNIX administration experience, including installation methods, networking, firewall, security, clustering, web servers, and databases
* Experience as a technical support or development engineer in an enterprise environment
* Advanced troubleshooting and debugging skills, with a passion for problem solving and investigation
* Outstanding written and verbal English communication skills
The following is considered a plus:
* Scripting or programming experience in languages like Bash, C, Perl, Python, Java, or Ruby
* Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) or other Linux certification; RHCE must be earned within 120 days of starting
* Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering or computer science
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.