Technical Support Engineer
Business Group Control Products and Solutions
No. of Positions 1
Requisition Number 77417BR
Job Category Sales, Services, and Solutions
Position Type Full Time
Relocation Eligible No
Primary responsibilities of the Technical Support Engineer include product and application support to customers, strategic partners, sales, and field engineers. Technical support is typically provided through phone, chat, and email. Collaborates with other Technical Support Engineers, Commercial Engineering, and Product Managers to replicate and resolve hardware and software anomalies. This position requires excellent customer service, communication, advanced troubleshooting techniques, collaboration, and organization.
This position requires the ability and desire to quickly develop and apply knowledge of a wide range of products commonly used in industrial automation. The ideal candidate would have some functional knowledge with Rockwell Automation Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), Common Industrial Protocol (CIP) network configuration and diagnosis, and Human Machine Interfaces (HMIs). The engineer will be expected to provide support on products that are outside of their primary knowledge domain, requiring the ability to quickly research technical information, collaborate with Subject Matter Experts, and take ownership of tickets throughout the issue resolution process.
The engineer will provide troubleshooting and configuration assistance through various means of communication including telephone, email, and chat. This role will require collaboration with other support engineers, managing multiple cases simultaneously, adjusting priorities, and navigating high pressure and commercially sensitive situations.
The engineer must have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Success in this position is dependent on communicating effectively, explaining highly technical concepts, and simplifying technical concepts for a less technical audience. The engineer must keep thorough documentation throughout the troubleshooting process, set appropriate expectations with customers, and hold themselves and others accountable. The engineer will need to create and update technical documents that can be referenced for self-help and are visible to internal and external stakeholders.
EOE, M/F/Disabled, Vet
Minimum Qualifications Minimum Qualifications:
* Four year degree in Engineering or related technical field or two year degree and a minimum of ten years of experience working with automation control products
* Two years of work experience in the following areas:
* Troubleshooting the application and/or design of industrial automation systems
* Industrial communication networks (DeviceNet, ControlNet, DH+, DH485)
* Ethernet network infrastructure
* Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
* Configuration and Troubleshooting of multiple Microsoft Operating Systems
* Proven record of troubleshooting automation products remotely
* Familiarity with working in a virtual environment using tools such as VMware
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to work effectively on diverse teams while fostering a culture of inclusion
* Ability to manage multiple tasks with shifting priorities
* Willing to have a flexible and variable schedule
Country(s) United States
EEO Statement Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at ************************************.
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.
Company Overview Rockwell Automation, the world’s largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley and Rockwell Software product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Work State/City Mayfield Village – Ohio
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.