Technical Support Specialist
Department Global Services
# of Openings per Req 1
Hocking College- Nelsonville, OH
As a Technical Support Specialist, you will work to support the technology presence at the institution to recommend or perform complex or remedial actions to correct problems using remote diagnostic and remediation technology and tools, or at user locations. You will guide and supervise other technical support staff and/or student workers. You will provide consultative support to department managers and end users directly related to the general business operations, software systems, including technical assistance and training to system users.
* Recommending or performing complex actions to correct problems using remote diagnostic, remediation technology and tools or at user locations to install, modify, or make repairs to computer hardware and/or software.
* Supervising and supporting major computer system and laptop deployments, and similar projects.
* Controlling coordination with affected end user departments while mentoring other technical support staff and/or student workers
* Testing and evaluating specified software packages, proposed hardware and software to determine efficiency, reliability, and compatibility with existing computer systems, peripherals and the network.
* Responding in a timely fashion to client inquiries and escalated issues concerning operation of client-owned assets
* Maintaining the highest level of customer service as set forth by the Ellucian general competencies.
* Providing updates, status and completion information to management regarding all assigned incidents, requests, and projects
* Providing regular updates to tickets within the work queue with frequency depending on priority level.
* Escalating all high priority or sensitive customer requests/concerns to the Technical Director, or when appropriate, the CIO.
* Coordinating activities with the Help Desk and Desktop Support, Network Services, Enterprise Application Services and other team members.
* Properly delegating appropriate work to student technicians based on need and workload.
* Contributing to development of yearly learning plan and complete plan as instructed by supervisor.
* Providing consultative support to management and end users directly related to general business operations, software systems, technical assistance and training to system users.
* Producing relevant documentation surrounding operational processes and process improvement.
Auto req ID 3256BR
Positions Remaining 1
Business Unit Technology Management
Job Posting Location(s) US-OH-Anthems, US-OH-Columbus, US-OH-Nelsonville
* Associates degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience; Bachelors Degree preferred
* PC Troubleshooting and Support (Windows 7, 8, 10, OSX) experience
* Microsoft Applications troubleshooting and support experience, including Office 2007-2013 products
* Mac Troubleshooting and Support experience
* Experience in an enterprise print management operation with emphasis on printer setup and troubleshooting
* Must have the ability to work effectively with end-users, gain their confidence, understand their technical and operational needs and translate them into viable technical solutions.
* Superior verbal and written skills, encompassing complete understanding on the English language with exceptional communication skills.
* Strong organizational and leadership skills.
* Willingness to work as a contributing member of the team including other systems personnel, the operations staff, and the account administrators.
* Must participate in on-call rotation
* Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
* Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
* Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
* Excellent time-management, planning and interpersonal skills.
* Effectively manage scope and customer expectations on individual assignments.
* A+ Certification, ITIL Certification
Company Information Ellucian is the worlds leading provider of software, services and insight to higher education. Ellucian helps the higher education communitystudents, faculty, and staffachieve their goals more efficiently, effectively, and with reduced risk. Ellucians comprehensive suite of software solutions includes student information systems (SIS), finance and HR systems, recruiting and retention systems, among other offerings. With more than 1,500 institutions subscribing to Ellucians cloud services and SaaS offerings, the company is one of the largest providers of cloud-based solutions. Ellucian also supports the higher education community with a range of professional services, such as application software implementation, training, education, and management consulting. More than 2,400 institutions in 40 countries rely on Ellucian to help enable the mission of higher education.
Functional Area Technology Management
Primary Location US-OH-Nelsonville
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.