BrainPOP is an online K-12 educational solution that makes rigorous learning experiences accessible and engaging for all. Proven to raise academic achievement, BrainPOP has been a trusted resource to more than six million educators, and engages the hearts and challenged the minds of over 300 million learners worldwide.
BrainPOP provides endless opportunities for kids to take agency over their learning through playful, knowledge-building content and learner-driven projects, preparing them for success in the classroom and beyond.
Were seeking a dedicated Technical Support Specialist to join the Customer Service team at BrainPOP.
Reporting to the Customer Service Manager, you will be the team’s leading technical specialist, you will provide expert advice and training on all matters technical to the customer service representatives, and will be responsible for the timely escalation of complex issues to the QA team.
If you’re an optimistic individual with a passion for solving problems and have great attention to detail, this role is for you.
In this role, you will
* Handle all technical escalations or consultations from the Customer Service team via Slack, Zendesk or Talkdesk and either provide expert advice to the representative or take ownership of the resolution, in any case your priority will be to effectively identify the correct course of action that would lead to an efficient resolution
* Escalate complex-beyond-your-expertise issues to the QA team, assessing their priority and severity, documenting your findings and steps taken in ready-to-action details, and regularly following up on their resolution
* Perform thorough in-depth investigation and troubleshooting of technical issues, and cross-collaborate with the QA team to find root-cause of complex issues
* Provide relevant reporting and feedback to the Customer Support Manager for continuous process improvement and best practices sharing
* Identify knowledge gaps in the customer service representatives and report to the Customer Support Manager the best way to address them, either via a process improvement, knowledge base article or further in-depth training
* Collaborate with the Knowledge Manager to capture information and be responsible for keeping an up-to-date section in the internal knowledge base entirely dedicated to technical troubleshooting and emerging issues
* Maintain strong working knowledge of BrainPOPs administrative systems, products, and services for all website and app functionality
* An articulate communicator, comfortable adapting your tone to your audience in order to convey the message
* Enthusiastic, with strong analytical and critical-thinking skills as well as problem-solving skills and an inherent decision-making ability
* A naturally curious person, with a passion for finding, regressing, and resolving technical issues
* Able to work simultaneously with multiple teams from different technical backgrounds and be a team player and advisor
On your resume
* 2+ years of experience in roles in technical customer support or customer service environment, including dissecting and documenting complex issues into actionable requests for a higher technical tier
* 2+ years of experience using Zendesk (or similar) and JIRA, and managing their ticket sharing integration
A strong plus
* 1+ years of experience testing mobile or complex web-based applications
* Strong technical working knowledge of web technologies
* Experience with educational software or the needs for software in schools and other learning environments
* Experience setting up or troubleshooting SSO Integrations for online educational subscriptions (such as Google, Clever, Classlink, Canvas, Schoology or other LMS with LTI)
Life at BrainPOP
Our commitment to supporting and empowering teachers and students is reflected in our dedication to enhancing the lives of our employeesin and out of the office.
Our team is made up of educators, data scientists, published authors, engineers, artists, bakers, film buffs, cyclists, dual-citizens, and so much more. We value Diversity & Inclusion, collaboration and learning from multiple perspectives, and encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work.
Besides offering a comprehensive benefits package and putting an emphasis on work-life balance, we make it a point to integrate fun and play into the workplace.
* Corporate Donation Matching
* Medical, Dental, Vision and Paid Life Insurance
* 401K with a company match
* Friends & Family BrainPOP Subscription
* Learning & Development Stipend
* Wellness Activities (ClassPass Membership)
* Annual Performance Bonus & Equity Appreciation Plan
* Company Events (happy hours, volunteering opportunities, trivia nights and monthly Town Halls)
What we do today directly impacts how teachers teach, and students learn. We continue to be inspired because we can see the difference were making and were proud to be a creative, collaborative, always-teaching and always-learning community.
Due to COVID-19, all BrainPOP employees will be working remotely through July 2021.
We believe that a diverse organization is a more effective organization. BrainPOP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.