RavenTek has a current opening at the Austin Information Technology Center (AITC) for a Technical Systems Architect, Expert – UNIX-Solaris-Supercluster Administrator. This role is supporting the Veterans Affairs Solaris OS platforms (10 and 11) and Oracle Hardware, with special emphasis on Supercluster hardware platforms, Exadata, Virtualization administration, Data Migrations and Oracle software within the Linux/Unix Management Service Line of the Veteran’s Administration (VA) Office of Information Technology (OIT). The individual will provide technical guidance system support in a 24 x 7 x 365 environment. This is an advanced opportunity to use your extensive knowledge in a wide variety of systems and networks to include high volume/high availability Clustering systems/Environments knowledge and skills to support the VA Infrastructure Operations (IO) and IOSS initiatives.
The Technical Systems Architect, Expert will provide expert knowledge of Solaris OS platforms
(10 and 11) and Oracle Hardware, with special emphasis on Supercluster hardware platforms, Exadata, Virtualization administration, Data Migrations and Oracle software. Expert working ability creating system management plans, implement plans against Industry Best Practices and will assure effective
system management, operations, and maintenance of supercluster systems and/or interconnects.
Required Security Clearance: US Citizen or Green Card Holder with the ability to obtain a Public Trust
The primary focus of the Technical Systems Architect, Expert, will be on production, and will be required to provide working knowledge of the following:
• Oracle QFSDP patching and SAN/virtual storage, NetApp and NFS technologies, and their interoperability.
• Experience with M8 Super Clusters
•Working knowledge of ZFS Storage Appliances, Server Builds, Capacity
Planning, Performance Tuning and Optimization, Device Hardening and applying
vulnerability mitigation strategies, Device Monitoring technologies, (agents and
software,) and Detailed functional ability with various scripting languages.
• Will be required to work independently and with teams of system admins, database
admins, network engineers and project/program managers across multiple service lines;
• Will be required to prioritize work, identify high risk critical problems, provide detailed,
courses of action, for issue resolution and communicate to all stakeholders, both
verbally and in writing.
• Will be required to interpret, translate and create technical documentation, implementation plans, and system diagrams, into full production environments and high volume/high availability systems.
• Will provide technical guidance system support in a 24 x 7 x 365 environment.
Required Education and Experience:
• Minimum of a master's degree in computer science, software engineering, or information systems; with 10 years of experience. An additional 10 years of work experience can be considered in lieu of a master's degree.
• Minimum of 13+ years of related UNIX industry experience.
• 10+ years with Solaris
• Min of 3 years of hands-on Supercluster Administration experience.
• Must have extensive knowledge in a wide variety of systems and networks to include high volume/high availability Clustering systems/Environments.
• Solaris 10/11 Certification.
Preferred Additional Experience:
• Federal Government experience.
• Medium to Large Data-center experience.
Employment Type: Full Time / Permanent
Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 7:00am – 3:00pm CST. Works at a desk in a professional office environment with extensive computer use and phone correspondence.
• Sitting for extended periods of time
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will/may be required as a condition of hire.
ADA: RavenTek will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
EEO/AA: RavenTek does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, height, weight, or marital status in employment or the provision of services and is an equal access/equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
** Click APPLY to show link to read full job details **
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.