We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.:
Advance Auto Parts, Inc., a leading automotive aftermarket parts provider in North America, serves both the professional installer and do-it-yourself customers. Advance operates approximately 5,100 stores, 126 Worldpac branches and serves approximately 1,300 independently owned CARQUEST branded stores in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and Canada.
We’re currently searching for a Telecom Engineer II to join the Advance Auto Parts team in Roanoke, VA. The Telecom Engineer II. This position directly supports the enterprise environment in all day to day activities. This role is an individual contributor who will work closely both within a team environment and individually to achieve specific goals. The candidate will be able to work well within a team, collaborate directly with other IT and business departments, and handle several different projects at the same time.
As the Telecom Engineer II, your responsibilities will include, but aren’t limited to:
– Request and ticket queue oversight, daily. Hold weekly meetings with team to solicit questions and recommend actions and solutions to move forward. Including developing reports to immediate leadership team, explaining trends and status of tickets in queue.
– Regular network service and infrastructure lifecycle maintenance planning and activities.
– Communication for incident manager or problem manager for major incidents, including drafting and submitting IT Incident Reports.
– Regular check-in on P1 and P2 priority tickets. Comfortable with recognizing and reprioritizing up or down based on defined prioritization guidelines.
– Diagnose and troubleshoot Infrastructure issues (Call Signaling and Call Stream using SKINNY/SIP, Conference and Codec Resources, MGCP, H.323, Messaging, Analog FXO/FXS, Digital BRI/PRI, Video Conference and Collaboration, Call-Center, Call Recording) quickly and efficiently.
– Configuration and management of Cisco CUCM, Cisco UCNX, Cisco ISR (H.323), MGCP, Cisco CUBE, Collaboration, and Video-Conferencing services.
To be considered for this opportunity, candidates must:
– Must have the ability to work with others in a collaborative way, sharing his/her ideas/opinions.
– Be able to prioritize operational issues and implementation tasks based on alignment with defined urgency and prioritization guidelines.
– Be able to develop SME-level knowledge with 1-2 technical solutions.
– Have the ability to develop task-lists for minor projects, including recognizing LoE, and predecessors/dependencies.
– Have the ability to understand the 7 layers of the OSI network model.
– Have the ability to use industry standard tools and learn AAP specific tools to understand and diagnose issues with network infrastructure / services.
– Have the ability to understand IPv4 networks and subnet masks and calculate CIDR boundaries.
– Have the ability to identify and document the root cause of network issues and outages, as well as recommended after-action changes to prevent further recurrence.
– Have the ability to open a support case and work with vendor TAC services to resolve open issues.
– Have the ability to effectively use Network Monitoring tools to isolate and diagnose problems proactively.
– Have the ability to manage requirements gathering, technical definition and task tracking to be successful.
Required Technical and Professional Experience:
– Minimum 3 years’ experience hands on experience with telecommunication service architectures and technologies.
– Understanding of TCP/IP. Specifically, how do systems communicate over an IP network, the differences between TCP and UDP communication, and what applications / OS’ / NICs are responsible for in the communication stack.
– Proficient in the configuration, implementation and troubleshooting of Call Processing, H.323 and MCGP Gateway, Messaging, Analog FXO/FXS, Digital BRI/PRI, SIP, Video Conferencing and Collaboration technologies and industry best practices.
– Firm grasp of client application uses (MS Office, Putty, etc). Understanding of valid use-cases with these tools.
– Awareness of web applications and use-cases for them. Understanding of web browser configuration and caching implications on connectivity to web applications.
– Understanding of enterprise call-center services, centralized CPE and centralized PSTN services.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
– Minimum 5 years’ experience hands on experience with telecommunication service architectures and technologies
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
– Master’s Degree
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
on Company Website
Job ID: ******
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: .
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Advance Auto Parts
At Advance Auto Parts we have a passion for YES. Each day we are motivated by a passion to help our Customers. We have a commitment to advance the lives of our fellow Team Members, Customers, and the Communities where we live and work. When you join our team, you become one of more of over 70,000 knowledgeable and experienced Team Members who are committed to providing outstanding customer service to our customers, communities and each other every day. With over 5,100 stores in the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico and Virgin Islands, we are a leading automotive aftermarket parts provider. With opportunities ranging from our front lines in our Stores to our Distribution Centers to our Corporate Support Center and our rapidly growing Professional Business, we have the career for you. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Contact Info
– Roanoke, VA
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.