Teradata Application DBA
Want to leverage your experience and development skills in the Healthcare industry as a Teradata DBA ?
CGI is seeking a Teradata application DBA to join Teradata operations and strategy team located in Bloomfield, CT or Lafayette LA ! This is an exciting opportunity to augment your current skills, as well as, learn new technologies.
This Teradata Engineer will be a key contributor to our Services practice and will have the below responsibilities:
• Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
• Continuously improve software engineering practices
• Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
• Write unit tests and automated acceptance tests.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to make a difference in the Healthcare Industry, this role is for you.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Work on a variety of development projects on a Teradata platform nce
• Work with business stakeholders and other SMEs to understand high-level business requirements
• Work with the Solution Designers and contribute to the development of project plans by participating in the scoping and estimating of proposed projects
• Apply technical background/understanding, business knowledge, system knowledge in the elicitation of Systems Requirements for projects
• Support other team members in translating requirements and use cases into test conditions and expected results for product, performance, user acceptance, and operational acceptance testing; participate in automation testing of developed systems/solutions
• Adhere to existing processes/standards including the project development lifecycle, business technology architecture, risk and production capacity guidelines and escalate issues as required
• Prioritize and manage own workload in order to deliver quality results and meet timelines
• Support a positive work environment that promote service to business, quality, innovation and teamwork and ensure timely communication of issues/ points of interest
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• 5+ years of experience with Teradata V16/17/TD Vantage (tools and utilities)
• Support multiple Teradata systems including independent marts, development/UAT, security and the enterprise warehouse systems and business applications.
• Candidate is responsible for design, development and implementation of Teradata Server Database systems, Often using new technologies
• Ensure the availability and performance of all databases while providing day-to-day database support
• Design, evaluate and optimize database objects in conjunction with the development team
• experience with performance tuning within a Teradata environment (SQL, Joins, Indexes, Viewpoint, Explains)
• Experience maintaining user profiles and security skills that are related to the databases
• Work independently with minimal supervision, with general guidance from more seasoned DBA team members
• Familiar with Cloud platform (AWS, AZURE or GCP)
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients' digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today – one of the world's largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI – where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.
- Azure Functions
- SQL Server
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.