A successful Test Automation Engineer will help to nurture profitable program entity relationships such that Customers value our premium finance services and we achieve superior, sustainable financial returns. As a Test Automation Engineer, this person will be responsible for working within an Agile framework while implementing automated continuous delivery solutions. This role will collaboration between development, IT Operations and Quality Assurance to ensure smooth deployments to the various testing and production environments. A successful candidate will help identify and implement automation across multiple applications.
– Integrate test automation strategies with release pipelines
– Manage test automation suites written using the Protractor framework, monitor, and communicate results
– Work with Quality Assurance to ensure test cases are kept up to date with software releases.
– Identify, recommend and implement best practices for implementation of software build and deployment to support a Kanban system of flow-based throughput.
– Maintain Octopus deploy processes to ensure proper application deployment and configuration in multiple environments.
– Automate and maintain the software build process to support continuous integration for development through production.
– Work with IT Operations staff to upgrade and build out new environments that conform to software requirements.
– Evaluate, recommend and implement continuous integration/continuous delivery into cloud-based solutions.
– Work with DBA staff to streamline deployment of database schemas.
– Automate and manage software monitoring strategies.
– Monitor site stability and performance and troubleshoot site issues.
– Collaborate with developers to bring new features and services into production.
– Provide support to development teams that use the automated deployment infrastructure.
– Provide Legendary Service to all Customer inquiries (external and internal) by responding promptly and thoroughly to all requests.
– Experience in 24×7 production operations, preferably supporting a highly available environment
– 3+ years of experience scripting in PowerShell, release automation, application administration, application configuration and debugging
– Familiarity and experience using Configuration Management tools like Powershell DSC, Puppet, Chef, etc.
– Knowledge of automated post-deployment testing tools
– Knowledge of IIS or similar web server technology
– Knowledge of SQL Server deployment using SSDT
– Knowledge of Octopus Deploy or Azure DevOps Pipelines (TFS Build, VSTS)
– Ability to operate in an agile and dynamic environment
– Basic understanding of networking and load balancing
– Basic understanding of virtual machine technology
– Basic understanding of Active Directory
– Knowledge of cloud-based infrastructure environments (e.g., AWS, Azure)
– Familiarity and experience using Containerization tools like Vagrant or Docker
College graduate – Software Engineering, Computer Science or similar field of study or Equivalent Years of Experience
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.