Ball Aerospace is powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus. We pioneer discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely.
At our core, we're passionate, committed people who believe together we can achieve extraordinary things. We work collaboratively with each other, our customers and partners to solve the world's greatest challenges. That means listening to one another, providing feedback and partnering across all levels. We value our inclusive culture where everyone is heard equally and creativity thrives. Each team member is fully invested in our mission and we bring an energy to work every day that propels our business and motivates us all to Go Beyond.®
The Advanced Technology & Information Solutions Strategic Business Unit provides scientific, engineering and other experts that work with our customers to solve their hardest problems and advance state-of-the-art technology. Our data solutions professionals deliver enterprise processing, analytics, exploitation and management, as well as information technology hardware that provide actionable information for warfighters and decision makers. In addition, our subject matter experts provide world-class technology and operational insight that help organizations advance the boundaries of knowledge and accomplish their missions.
Test Engineer Associate – Software
Join a fast-paced team of engineers creating cutting edge software products for the US Air Force. You will work alongside Ball Aerospace and US Air Force developers and engineers to provide technologies that increase the capabilities of our nation’s military. Our team’s goal is to create user driven applications that optimize human-machine performance in the next generation of Air Force systems. We accomplish this by exploiting state of the art hardware and software practices while maintaining a tight feedback loop with the warfighters. Our unique customers give you the opportunity for interesting and meaningful work. Our technologies have been used DOD wide as well as by civilian government and commercial organizations.
Our small team allows us to be quick and efficient while giving you the chance to grow as a valued part of the software team. This also gives you the ability to be involved in the entire development process: conceiving solutions, designing user interfaces, implementing architectures, and integrating with other systems. There is a significant opportunity for you to develop novel solutions to problems; many of our team members own design and software patents. We encourage our team to be constant learners staying current on industry best practices and thinking outside the box.
What You’ll Do:
- Work alongside software engineers and project managers to create and execute tests on software-driven systems.
- Establish conditions and define best practices for tests.
- Build new tools and scripts for testing software on Android devices.
- Identify, report, and track software defects using a bug tracking system.
- Perform regression, system, and functional testing.
- Interface with Air Force researchers and operational personnel to understand requirements.
- Communicate with developers, other testers, and project managers to develop thorough test designs and test plans.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Capabilities Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required. Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or software engineering preferred.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Experience with software testing, ideally with mobile applications, and an understanding of the different testing types (black box, white box, regression, end to end, etc.).
- Experience writing test plans and test scenarios to cover the scope of a task based on given requirements
- Experience with scripting languages and automation tools, such as VBScript and Test Complete.
- Experience in software development with Java, Kotlin and other object-oriented languages.
- Experience with issue trackers, Git, and Agile software development.
Hybrid Work Environment: This position may be performed working from both the office and another location, while typically requiring working in the office less than 3 days per work week. Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or cleanroom, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $66,000 – $82,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.